Essential Duties and Functions
1. Management on a day-to-day basis of support staff.
2. Responsible for hiring of staff:
b. Salary Decision
c. Job Description
3. Responsible for monitoring the department’s accounts receivables. Interfaces with Accounting Department, understands the mechanics of Brokerage Builder.
4. Regulates the Benefits File Audits which are a requirement of the Errors & Omissions Insurance Carrier.
5. Administrative Supervision of support staff:
a. Conducts all performance and salary reviews
b. Participates in counseling of employees
c. Coordination of all time-off scheduling (i.e., vacations, etc.
6. Monitor and approve purchases within monetary authority (i.e. supply requisitions, purchase orders, etc.)
7. Work with Profit Center Leader and other Team Leaders in preparation of the annual budget:
a. Participate in the planning process of the budget.
b. Provide projections for additional personnel needs.
8. Work with Profit Center Leader or other Team Leaders on special projects.
9. IT Liaison: Coordinate with Tampa IT to ensure network is running efficiently at all times.
10. Any other job related duties as may be assigned.
1. Planning/organizing—the individual prioritizes and plans work activities and uses time efficiently.
2. Interpersonal skills—the individual maintains confidentiality, remains open to others' ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things.
3. Oral communication—the individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations and demonstrates group presentation skills.
4. Written communication—the individual edits work for spelling and grammar, presents numerical data effectively and is able to read and interpret written information.
5. Problem solving—the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully and maintains confidentiality.
6. Quality control—the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
7. Adaptability—the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
8. Safety and security—the individual observes safety and security procedures and uses equipment and materials properly.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Bachelor’s Degree
2. Proficient with MS Office Suite
3. Exceptional telephone demeanor
4. Active P&C License
1. Bachelor’s degree in a business or financial related discipline
2. 1 – 3 years experience in a similar position
Brown & Brown, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At Brown & Brown, Inc. our continued success depends on the full and effective recruitment and employment of qualified persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, disability or veteran status. We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment. It is our goal to recruit, hire and develop the best employees using only job-related qualifications.
Our equal employment opportunity philosophy, in accordance with federal, state and local law, applies to all aspects of employment with Brown & Brown including recruiting, hiring, training, transfer/promotion, compensation, benefits and termination. At Brown & Brown we strive to ensure that our human resource practices are free of discriminatory practices and that employment decisions are made on the basis of job-related qualifications, including personal competence and potential for advancement.
Monster - 7 months ago
copy to clipboard