More than 4,450 professionals at Lockton provide more than 15,000 clients around the world with insurance, benefits, and risk management services that improve our clients’ businesses. From its founding in 1966 in Kansas City, Missouri, Lockton has attracted entrepreneurial professionals who have driven its growth to become the largest privately held insurance broker in the world and 9th largest overall. Independent researcher Greenwich Associates awarded Lockton its 2011 Service Excellence Award for risk management for large companies. For three consecutive years, Business Insurance has recognized Lockton as a "Best Place to Work in Insurance." To see the latest insights from Lockton’s experts, check Lockton Market Update.
Lockton is known throughout the insurance industry as an entrepreneurial, progressive and successful insurance broker. As a result of continued individual and group accomplishments, Lockton has a record of steady and substantial growth. If you are a committed professional with a passion for delivering unparalleled service, Lockton is interested in hearing from you.
Consult with the client to successfully evaluate, manage and influence their claim management programs and enhance Lockton’s ability to attract and retain business.
DUTIES TO INCLUDE:
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Facilitate the resolution of claims by acting as liaison between the client, insurance carriers and other vendors involved in the claim management process.
- Consult with the client in the overall management of claim program goals and objectives, and positively impact overall results. Ensure the parties involved meet obligations timely and accurately.
- Demonstrate clear recognition of coverage and legal issues, ensure that they are elevated to the appropriate claim consultant based on the complexity of the situation.
- Provide the highest level of service possible to all customers, internal and external.
- Fully support Lockton’s business strategies and the goals and initiatives set for the Claim Team.
- Excel in advocating on behalf of the client in all respects, while nurturing and maintaining positive working relationships with insurance carriers and other vendors.
- Build and maintain effective relationships in order to attract and retain business.
- Make positive contributions to client satisfaction and constantly strive to improve service.
- Communicate in a positive manner with all Lockton Associates, and contribute to a cohesive, pleasant team environment.
- Protect the confidentiality of information learned by performing the duties of the position.
- Exhibit a high level of competence and performance in written and verbal communications. Communications should be timely, concise and accurate.
- Attend team and department meetings, educational workshops and vendor functions.
- Embrace change and growth by enhancing skill sets and abilities. Contribute to this change by communicating strategies and ideas to other team members, listening and evaluating other points of view and reaching consensus on issues that are not resolved by unanimous support.
- Always remember We Live Service, and embrace that concept in order to assist team members, CID Associates and the client; whether assigned to that client or not.
- Participate in ongoing education that enhances your ability to perform these job duties, and provide the highest level of service.
- Bachelor of Arts or Sciences degree in business field, related field, or equivalent practical insurance claim management experience.
- Proficiency in the evaluation, interpretation and communication to the client of property and casualty insurance coverage.
- Proficiency in Spanish and English is a plus.
- Ability to professionally interact with businesspersons of all levels and succinctly communicate information and strategies.
- Substantial knowledge of the practices and procedures of Claim Administrators, and the skill to effectively develop long term partnerships that meet client expectations and needs.
- Organizational and time management skills that enable you to successfully prioritize a sometimes heavy workload to meet time sensitive deadlines.
- Ability to work with current computer software and hardware technology with little instruction.
- Compliance with established Lockton ethical business standards.
- The ability to timely keep all parties abreast of critical issues, and clearly communicate progress and achievement.
- Ability to use office equipment such as computer terminal and keyboard, calculator, copier, and fax machine.
- Legal right to work in the United States.
Lockton, Inc. - 23 months ago