This position is responsible for the development and implementation of Company training and development programs and systems, for managing the delivery of training and development programs and for the selection, implementation and on-going management of Naylor’s Learning Management System. These programs include New Employee Orientation, Initial Sales Training, On-going Sales Training, various Departmental Training programs, and Management & Leadership Development.
The position plays a key role by establishing constructive relationships with Department Management to ascertain the training and development needs for the Company, as well as individual departments. This manager will work with all department heads to develop implementation strategies and tactical methods to accomplish developmental or training needs.
1. Work with Department Heads and Managers to determine training & development needs and priorities, and create strategies to accomplish.
2. Conduct needs analysis throughout various departments/functions within the company to identify training interventions/solutions.
3. Operate from an Organizational Development perspective to constantly look for ways to support management and further the organizational effectiveness of the company.
4. Oversee the development, implementation, and maintenance of training and development programs and systems designed to help the company reach its growth and performance goals. This can include the actual design/ development of training programs, materials, training design plans, etc.
5. Manage the on-going development and maintenance of the Company’s Learning Management System (LMS).
6. Conduct various training activities, as required. Gain expertise at presenting Naylor’s various training programs.
7. Carries out agreed upon training and development strategies, monitors results and makes adjustments as needed.
8. Monitor and coach the Sales Trainers, to ensure their focus and quality relative to conducting, up-dating and maintaining all Sales Training activities.
9.Ensure the maintenance of and quality of all training materials.
10. Prepare, and/or direct other resources in the preparation of all training materials for training sessions. These can include things like chart pad materials, transparencies, Power Point presentations, Learner materials, etc.
11. Ensure the maintenance of training records for all training programs.
12. Ensure that all business activities are conducted within the Naylor code of conduct and in a professional manner with the highest degree of quality.
13. Help to promote collaboration and a sense of cooperation among the various functions of the branches and the company to ensure the long-term success of the business.
14. Track, analyze and report training program results to ensure objectives are achieved.
3 or more years of active, progressive Training & Development experience including designing training and development programs and activities and facilitating programs
Bachelor’s degree in Training & Development, Human Resource Development, Instructional Design, Leadership Development, Adult Learning or related areas; Master’s degree preferred.
Strong demonstrated “stand-up” “Presentation and Facilitation” Skills
Organizational Development experience, preferably in a private sector business environment, working with department management to assess organizational effectiveness and develop methodologies to improve organizational effectiveness.
Strong demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, and particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint. InDesign experience preferred.
Demonstrated proficiency of written communication skills.
Demonstrated proficiency of verbal communication skills.
Flexibility to travel as required, including of up to 2 week periods or frequently
Naylor Association Solutions
- 2 years ago - save job