Employee Engagement & Development Manager
Division/Department: Training/Administrative Services
Salary: $55,000+DOE/Q per year
The City of Abilene seeks a highly motivated, progressive thinking and professional individual to fill the position of Employee Engagement and Development Manager. Impeccable organizational skills, a proven team player, ability to self-start, results-driven and mission-focused are descriptors of the successful candidate. Responsibilities of the position include:
• Conducts learning needs assessments to identify individual, group, team, divisional, departmental and organizational training opportunities.
• Analyzes, researches, develops, designs, administers, coordinates, organizes and implements training programs in support of the City’s employee development strategy, aligned with the organization’s mission and core values.
• Develops curricula, programs and materials for the training function. Conducts classroom training as well as coordinates other training resources.
• Fosters the development of a learning organization culture and continuous learning environment, to include research and recommendations for enhancement
• Facilitates new employee orientation program. Tracks and reports upon employees’ status and completion of core training requirements.
• Plans, coordinates, and/or assists with engagement programming such as the Employee Enrichment Conference, Health Fair, Wellness Activities, Customer Service Excellence, City University, and ad hoc employee committee activities.
• Provides consulting services to departments in all aspects of training and analyzes training requests, making recommendations to the appropriate person. Consults with department teams to facilitate development and problem solving.
• Participates in organizational budget processes and organizational improvement strategies.
A minimum of four (4) years experience in training and development is preferred. Requires a Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university in Training, Organizational Development, Human Resource Management, Public Administration, Business Administration, Communication, Secondary Education or a related field. An advanced degree or equivalent experience is preferred.
Open Until Filled
City of Abilene - 15 months ago