The Employee Programs Specialist is an infectious bundle of enthusiasm and optimism that boosts employee morale through recognition, wellness, community involvement, and brand loyalty programs across all of Bayview’s companies, locations, and teams.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promote Employee Recognition
- Design and launch programs that identify and recognize exceptional employees (e.g. congruence with the Bayview Tenets, top performers, etc.).
- Facilitate the design and launch of employee appreciation events in partnership with departmental leaders.
- Promote Wellness
- Design and launch a comprehensive wellness program that incorporate benefits provided by our insurance companies, encourages preventative activities, and can/will be launched in all satellite locations.
- Support ad hoc wellness challenges and other departmental wellness initiatives.
- Promote Community Involvement
- Partner with the Executive Director of the Bayview Foundation to identify and promote employee involvement and support of the foundation’s activities.
- Identify and vet opportunities for teams of employees to volunteer in the communities in which we work and live. Provide project planning support to teams that wish to participate.
- Promote Brand Loyalty
- Partner with company management to identify, design, and launch programs that increase employee allegiance (i.e. heart, head, and hand loyalty) to Bayview and its companies and teams.
- Plan and coordinate a variety of monthly, quarterly and annual employee events and programs within budget (e.g. Corporate Happy Hour Events, Company Picnic, Bring Your Child to Work Day, Employee Appreciate Events, etc.). This includes, but is not limited to, sourcing, negotiating, and managing vendors, assembling and managing employee volunteer committees, and developing a business case for why we should hold the event.
- Handle special projects and other duties as assigned by the Director of Employee Relations and the Vice President of Human Resources (e.g. apply for employer of choice awards).
- Have an infectious smile on his/her face all the time
- Brighten the room every time s/he walks in
- Consistently practice what s/he preaches, especially where wellness is concerned
- Be diplomatic and an effective influencer (persuasive)
- Have exceptional project management skills and experience
- Be a brand champion for his/her current and past employers
- Possess and exhibit excellent verbal and written communication skills, especially public presentation skills
- Strong planning, prioritizing, and organization skills, especially event management skills
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of employees and management
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but experience can be substituted
- 2-3 years of wellness experience preferred
- 2-3 years of project planning experience preferred
- 1-2 years of event management experience preferred