inVentiv health is the premier provider of outsourcing services to the Pharmaceutical and Life Science industries. Our dramatic growth in Clinical, Communications and Field Sales & Clinical Team solutions has led to a global organization recognized by Fortune Magazine’s Fastest Growing Public Companies for two consecutive years. Over the past decade, inVentiv has committed itself to hiring and retaining the very best talent in the healthcare industry, those who have a single common characteristic: the desire and aptitude to succeed. We are focused on hiring the best, those who possess unparalleled knowledge and experience as well as a passion for delivering exceptional ideas and service to our clients. In turn, inVentiv provides an opportunity-rich environment where employees can grow as professionals in one of many disciplines and pursue long-term career goals throughout our worldwide network of locations.
Ventiv Recruitment Services , a division of inVentiv health, offers unparalleled Direct Placement and Project Sales opportunities with our numerous clients for highly qualified and accomplished candidates. Our Team has successfully partnered with over 200 Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology and Medical Device companies to recruit top sales and clinical talent. In just the past 5 years, Ventiv Recruitment Services has placed over 9,000 field-based Sales, Clinical and Management professionals with our Clients.
As a member of the Selling Solutions business of inVentiv Commercial, the Employee Relations Manager (ERM) is the employment resource support for inVentiv contract sales representatives who report to client managers. Role supports field based inVentiv Health Sales Representatives and drive effective employee communications to proactively answer or resolve any employee questions, HR issues or sales performance questions. Additionally, the Employee Relations Manager is responsible to act as liaison between inVentiv operation departments and sales representatives as well as build client, field management relationships to ensure a seamless and successful partnership.
Key Job Responsibilities:
(Duties may include, but not limited to all or some of the following)
- Manage constant communication with approximately 40 client field staff via multiple platforms including electronic, verbal and in person as needed.
- Manage key stakeholder relationships with external clients (Regional Business Managers, Training and other business areas, as appropriate) as well as internal departments, most notably Talent Acquisition, Human Resources, Client Services and Sales Management.
- Responsible for interviewing, assessing and hiring as well as oversee on-boarding of field sales team.
- Cnduct new hire orientation via conference call/on-site to new hires
- Achievement of all objectives affiliated with the ERM role including supporting, monitoring, documenting and coaching field sales representative performance.
- Limit turnover and drive retention of through proactive communication and conflict and performance resolution.
- Participate, as requested, in internal progress meetings and suggest positive solutions to specific challenges.
- Participate, as requested in client POA meetings, sales training meetings, and others as requested.
- Provide support training or coaching on product, disease state, & selling skills as needed.
- Prepare weekly activity and status reports monitoring recruitment and hiring selection.
- Conduct weekly communication with inVentiv Sales Representative and direct line Client Manager.
- Conduct ongoing discussions and documentation on Sales Representative performance thru Field Contact Reviews provided by ERM
- Interacts on a daily basis with customer base to identify HR needs and source solutions
- Interprets policies and procedures and ensures compliance of field representatives including expense mgmt.
- Work with client Regional Business Managers to conduct coaching, mid year and annual reviews on all field sales Representatives.
- Assist with employee programs including, newsletters, LDP, and recognition programs.
- Understand, implement, and advise DBMs on co-employment policies and procedures to mitigate risk.
Education: Minimum Bachelor's Degree
Geography: Field based position and must live within designated territory & be willing to travel up to 10-15 percent
- Minimum of 2 years of Pharmaceutical Sales Management preferred OR
- Min.4 Years in a Human Resources Mgmt. role with strong preference in Employee Relations or Recruiting
- Excellent interpersonal skills as well as outstanding written and verbal communications skills
- Background and experience in the Pharmaceutical industry preferably Field Sales
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information discretely and diffuse difficult situations
- Experience handling progressive discipline issues including sales performance, product etc.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills to diplomatically interact with all levels of employees and clients.
- Proficient in Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, as well as Sales Force Automation & other systems.
- Must meet product and other training expectations as well as ERM goals & objectives.
Behavioral Competencies: Relationship & Customer Management, Decision Making & Problem Solving, Conflict Management, Policies, Process & Procedures, Respecting Diversity
Position Goals: Retention Rates, Customer Survey Results, Time to Hire, inVentiv Sales Representative Training, Performance and Sales Results
Benefits: At inVentiv health, we believe in providing an environment and culture in which Our People can thrive, develop and advance. We reward and recognize our people by providing valuable benefits and a quality of life balance;
EOE: inVentiv Health & its Clients are equal opportunity employers and are committed to employing a diverse workforce.
- Competitive Compensation
- Performance Bonuses, Generous Paid Time Off & Company Paid Holidays
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision package
- Matching 401k
- Dedicated Training and support
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Referral Bonuses
- Other personalized quality of life conveniences
InventivHealth - 14 months ago