Posting Job Title: Employee Relations Manager
Requisition #: 144055BR
Posting Location: Charlotte, NC, US
Area of Interest: Human Resources
Position Type: Full Time
Posting Job Description
The Time Warner Cable Corporate office currently seeks an ER Manager for our HR Department. Below please find a brief description of the essential duties and responsibilities required to function successfully in this position.
The Employee Relations Manager ensures timely and thorough investigation of employee concerns. The Employee Relations Manager assists employees, managers and local HR teams to work collaboratively and promote a fair, equitable and inclusive workplace. The Employee Relations Manager will also be responsible for recommending appropriate course of action based on investigation findings.
Complaint types to include:
Essential Job Functions:
- Wage & Hour;
- Discrimination;Title VII Harassment;
- Wrongful Termination; and
- Escalated Open Door investigations
management recommendation as needed
- Investigate Open Door complaints and provide
practices (consistent with TWC's internal investigation
- Consistent application of internal investigation best
tracking for internal investigations
- Case management, progress reporting and document
to ensure consistent application of policy, practices and
- Work closely with managers and field human resources
issues including misconduct, policy or practice violations,
- Advise, coach and guide managers on disciplinary
corrective actions, and termination
disciplinary decisions for fairness, consistency and
- Review challenged termination decisions and
potential legal liability
coaching to managers with the intended goals of
- Provide performance management support and
growing manager's expertise in this area and mediating
performance and employee/manager issues
that promote a fair, equitable and inclusive workplace
- Make recommendations to resolve employee concerns
employee relations to minimize exposure to liability
- Ensures that legal requirements are met in terms of
appropriately identify and estimate legal and reputational
- Utilize high-level judgment and risk recognition skills to
information with the appropriate level of discretion
- Analyze and protect highly confidential and sensitive
charges and claims- Conduct analysis of investigation case data to recognize
- May assist Law Department in response to EEOC
trends monthly, quarterly and at year end.
- Participate in internal HR/EEO audits as needed as well
provide support for external regulatory agency audits
- Special projects as assigned
discipline, or equivalent combination of education and
- Bachelors' degree in Human Resources or related
generalist of which 5 years in Employee Relations in a
- 7+ years recent experience as a human resource
heavy service, field operations or call center setting.
- Extensive working knowledge of federal laws governing
Resources including staffing, employee relations,
- Demonstrated competencies in all areas of Human
compensation, leave of absence administration,
regulatory compliance, and benefits.
including developing and presenting PowerPoint
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Excellent organizational skills, able to multi-task in a fast-
positive working relationships with all levels within the
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to create
Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- PC proficiency in software applications to include MS
- Must be able to travel a minimum of 25%.
Senior Human Resources Professional Certification (SPHR) preferred.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or equivalent training, education and
Yes, Travel 10%
No Supervisory responsibilities with this position.
Qualified candidates should apply online at www.timewarnercable.com. EOE/M/F/D/V
FCC Unit_TWC: HQ452
Controlling Establishment ID: 00237 - Charlotte 7910 Crescent Exec
More on TWC:
Time Warner Cable provides generous benefits. Health care and retirement benefits are significant portions of the total compensation package at TWC, and we invest more in those benefits than most employers. In addition, we offer tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, competitive paid-time-off programs, work-life resources, and discounted pricing on TWC residential products and services for employees within our footprint. Our hope is that, by providing our employees with rich and flexible benefits, we can help them take care of the people who matter most – at work and at home.
Time Warner Cable is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Time Warner Cable - 13 months ago
Time Warner Cable (TWC) makes coaxial quiver. The company is the #2 US cable company, after Comcast, with operations in 28 states. Its core...