At PlumChoice, our team is revolutionizing the technology services industry. We are delivering more efficient, responsive and innovative technology solutions for our clients' business to succeed. We value innovation, initiative and a collaborative style, and are looking for highly talented people who want to join an exciting high-growth company and be part of building the future.
The Employee Relations Partner is responsible for working with all levels of employees to provide day-to-day employee relations support. This includes coaching and counseling our managers and employees on issues related to performance, conflict resolution, policy interpretation and workplace laws. The ER Partner will frequently collaborate with management and legal and will take the lead on conducting all internal investigations, providing solutions/recommendations and mediating issues involving employee matters. The successful candidate should have a solid understanding of employment law and HR best practices as well as top-notch communication and influencing skills. In addition to providing day-to-day support, this individual will be responsible for analyzing metrics to identify trends and opportunities resulting in recommendations and development of tools, practices and educational programs that drive consistency and strengthen management capabilities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Serve as a liaison and resource to management and associates by managing all day-to-day employee relations matters.
- Coach/advise managers on issues related to employee relations, corrective action, performance management and policy application.
- Lead employee relations investigations and influence business leaders to take appropriate course of action.
- Mediate issues involving employee matters.
- Collaborate with management and/or legal on termination recommendations/decisions and provide guidance on the appropriate termination documentation, conversations and processes.
- Develop tools, guidelines and practices that drive consistency and efficiency in our management practices.
- Assess trends and develop recommendations for strategic action plans that will strengthen management capabilities.
- Ensure employee relations and performance management situations are handled in accordance with the organizations policies and procedures as well as Federal and State laws.
- Exercise judgment and independent decision making as appropriate.
- Develop and implement policies and programs to improve employee engagement and enhance the employee experience.
- Manage the annual performance review process.
ADA DISCLAIMER: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or Business Administration or related area required.
- The successful candidate will possess 5-7 years of Human Resources Generalist and/or Employee Relations experience.
- Broad understanding of employment law at the state and federal levels as well as other aspects of HR including performance management, succession planning and employee engagement.
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in effectively influencing managers and business partners in the successful achievement of business and Human Resources initiatives.
- Display exceptional problem solving and change management skills as well as a history of solid judgment decisions.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills.
- Experience in presenting findings and recommendations to all levels of management.
- Ability to work independently while also being able to work in a cross functional team.
- Strong facilitation, verbal and written communication skills.
- Multi-level and multi-functional communication and influencing ability.
- Ability to listen, probe with questions and respond to manager/colleague.
- Ability work in a fast-paced environment, while being flexible, handling multiple priorities while meeting deadlines in a timely fashion.
- Courage to challenge the status quo in the pursuit of business success.
- Strong experience with Microsoft Office suite of products.