To assist the Human Resources Manager in directing, planning and administering the Human Resources functions at the plant level. Provides support for employees and provides guidance to Supervisors in resolving team and individual issues in a manner consistent with the Cooper Culture and Values. Develops self-sustaining work processes that support the needs of the business.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Recruiting & Staffing: Recruits candidates for various hourly positions in accordance with hiring requirements and Company policy; screens, interviews, and initiates drug/screen & background check of job applicants; coordinates all correspondence for advertising; coordinates and maintains activity logs for EEO/AAP purposes; primary point of contact for contract employees; conducts exit interviews with terminated employees.
2. Training: Develops and administers various training and orientation programs for salaried and hourly personnel (Harassment training, New Hire Orientation, Benefit Updates); maintain training records and provides necessary support to schedule training.
3. Benefits Administration: provides necessary support for benefit plans including educational assistance, CO-SAV, group health care (including medical, dental and prescription plans), short and long term disability, accident and sickness, and life insurance plans (both group and optional); coordinates with third-party provider contacts as necessary; assists in annual open enrollment.
4. HRIS: Maintains relevant changes in SAP including organizational and personnel data; maintains employee files; keeps confidential information and data confidential.
5. Salary Administration: Maintains confidential salary records; administers wage and salary programs including wage/salary/benefit improvement recommendations and local surveys; assists in preparation of wage proposal; manages payroll for contract employees and employees receiving step progressions and shift premiums.
6. Company Policy: Assists in the establishment, administration and maintenance of policies and practices relating to employment, wage administration, affirmative action, communication, etc; advises supervisors and employees in matters regarding company policy.
7. Worker’s Compensation: Responsible for support of all administrative areas of the self-insured workers’ compensation program, including accident investigation, case management, coordination with medical providers, timely filing of all required forms, and interaction with company attorneys on contested cases.
8. Safety and Health: Member of Joint Safety Committee; administers first aid treatment as needed; manages safety shoe program and prescription safety glasses program; coordinates annual flu shot program.
9. Employee Relations: Organizes and develops plans for recreational activities and other related employee functions; manages employee survey process; participates in Continuous Improvement meetings; develops programs that support positive employee relations including Service Awards, celebration dinners, Holiday Gift Program; develops employee communications and postings, maintains a presence on all shifts.
10. Maintenance of Time & Attendance records: Serves as primary point of contact for the Time and Attendance system; manages Perfect Attendance program; trains Supervisors and other users on the system; assists with corrections as needed; reviews time reports including Unsigned Time Report and Hours Worked Report.
11. Community Involvement: supports local community via involvement in community initiatives including United Way, Blood Drives and HR Roundtable Meetings.
Minimum Qualifications (Experience, Education, Training, etc.):
Must be knowledgeable of State and Federal Regulations and Laws, such as EEOC, OSHA, Wage and Hour, ERISA, FMLA, NLRB, Workers Compensation and their impact on plant policies and procedures
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business, Marketing, or related field with minimum of two years experience in Human Resources
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well with others in various roles in the organization
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrates initiative and is self-directed, requires little to no direction
- Ability to organize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrates sense of urgency in completing assignments
- Strong Computer Skills and typing skills. Demonstrates at least intermediate proficiency with Windows, Microsoft Office Products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook ; HRIS experience preferred
- Ability to keep confidential employee data confidential
- Payroll experience preferred
About Cooper Power Systems Location(s)
Waukesha serves as the headquarter location for the Cooper Power Systems Division offices and three supporting business units. Not only is there significant Cooper operations in the area, Waukesha and the surrounding areas are a great place to be whether raising a family or single. Conveniently located 15 miles west of Milwaukee, recreational opportunities in Waukesha County include:
77 lakes offering fishing, swimming, boating
21,000 acres of public parks (state, county, municipal)
129 miles of hiking and biking trails, 70 miles of cross country ski trails and nearly 200 miles of snowmobile trails
Over 20 public golf courses, countless more are privately operated Waukesha County is home to excellent schools, many beautiful communities, and an unsurpassed quality of living. Learn more here .
Cooper Power Systems endeavors to make www.cooperindustries.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact our Division Talent Management Representative at (262)-896-2487.
Cooper Power Systems, LLC is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/D/V
- 3 years ago - save job