The Employee Retention Specialist coordinates the retention services offered to Retail employees with disabilities and/or barriers. Retention goals include job retention at certain intervals including, but not limited to 90 days, 180 days and 365 days and beyond. This role will focus on our Retail division implementing retention strategies and connecting employees to community resources. Our mission is to coach and mentor participants toward career advancement and longevity as well as wage growth. Demonstrates behaviors consistent with Goodwill Industries of Central Indiana’s Historic Values, Basic Principles, and Standards of Conduct
• Experience working with diverse populations including people with mental illness, developmental and/or physical disabilities.
• Ability to recognize the need for and develop job accommodations.
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
• Ability to develop strong interpersonal relationship using strong communication skills, both verbal and written, across functional groups.
• Previous experience developing and maintain a network of community and business resources along with the ability to provide a mature network of contacts.
• Demonstrated ability in conflict resolution and mediation.
• Ability to embrace change positively.
• Ability to create and deliver individual and/or group training models
• Previous experience with financial literacy preferred.
• Ability to be flexible with retail operations hours.
• Bi-lingual in English and Spanish is a plus.
• State Additions Specialist certification preferred. ACIT or CADACI preferred.
• Strong planning and organizing skills.
• Independent autonomous worker.
• Travel requirement to various retail locations including, but not limited to: West Central Indiana (e.g. Lafayette, Crawfordsville, Brownsburg, etc...)
• Up-to-date automobile insurance, valid driver’s license and good driving record.
• Ability to obtain First Aid/CPR certification, test negative to annual Tuberculin screening and verification of no substantiated abuse or neglect findings with the Indiana State Department of Health.
• Solid working knowledge of MS Office Products, database and the Internet.
Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
Compensation and Benefits Summary
Base range: $30,000 - $33,000
The following is the comprehensive benefits programs in which full-time employees may participate:
• Continuing education & leadership development
• Comprehensive health plan
• Paid Time Off
• Life, Dental & Vision
• Short- & long-term disability plans
• Nationally recognized preventive health & wellness program
• Section 125 pre-tax health spending account, dependent care spending account and premiums
• Retirement plan with generous match
Goodwill Industries of Central Indiana, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer
Goodwill of Central Indiana - 18 months ago