The J.R. Simplot Company is a diverse, privately held organization with roots firmly planted in agriculture and agriculture-related businesses. These endeavors have been around for centuries and will continue to be a vital part of the global economy. We currently have an Employee Service Representative opportunity available in our West Memphis, AR food processing plant.
The Employee Service Representative (ESR) plays a key role in supporting management on an assigned shift in administering human resource programs, policies, and procedures. Other duties involve risk management, employee relations, training coordination, potentially process grievance paperwork and/or discipline administration, employee orientation, crew scheduling, time and attendance administration, and confidentially maintaining personnel records and systems.
The individual in this position will be required to fully understand the purpose and operation human resources functions and manufacturing operations and to function with mobility between the plant floor and human resources office, along with having the ability to make decisions based on sound judgment when a situation dictates.
- Ensures staffing, scheduling, and overtime assignments for shift crewing (may coordinate the interface between staffing agencies and management teams in an efficient manner compliant with labor contract/handbook procedures and production needs)
- Ensures the administration of hourly payroll; labor coding and reporting for accounting and data analysis; time and attendance and associated discipline; training; and vacation pay/scheduling processes in an efficient and accurate manner
- May be involved with safety reporting & compliance to policies and procedures, supporting the safety specialist with risk management records and reporting as requested
- Ensures effective employee relations by following and interpreting labor contract/handbook, supporting management in the administrative functions of their shift employees to resolve issues and conflicts.
- May be involved with the administration of employee FMLA, STD, and transitional return to work procedures and processes for cost effectiveness and efficiency (includes handling employee personnel records in an efficient, accurate, and confidential manner as requested)
- Ensures the timely and efficient processing of job bids, conducting Job Skill Evaluations (JSEs), and new employee orientations, and coordinating with the training specialist to initiate job training
- Other duties as may be assigned.
How to Apply
- Must have a minimum of six months related experience
- Must be familiar with HIPPA and have good, working knowledge of HR computer applications such as Kronos and Lawson, and be familiar with product coding
- Must have an understanding of corporate services
Please prepare a cover letter outlining your interest and qualifications and submit with your resume via our online application process described above. For best results, please upload your resume as a Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF document. This process includes additional job relevant questions, so plan on at least 20 minutes when you apply.
- Visit www.simplot.com/careers
- Select Job Search
- Select Professional Jobs
- Select All open positions
- Apply to Job ID #1061 - Employee Service Representative (Food Group - West Memphis, AR)
When a position is in the interview stage or has been filled, it will no longer appear on our Simplot Careers website. If you experience any technical difficulties when applying through our online system, please contact our Employment Center for assistance at
- The J.R. Simplot Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer*
J.R. Simplot Company - 19 months ago