Are you passionate about career services in a University setting? How would you like to work for a University that is innovative, fun and challenging; a organization that continuously improves the way individuals learn in order to bring education to the next level? Of course with an ever growing student population, there exists the need to bring on dynamic individuals to assist and support all facets of the University – we could be talking about YOU!
The Employer Outreach Specialist position is a full-time employment opportunity. Under the supervision of the Director of Career & Alumni Services, the Employer Outreach Specialist role will support Career & Alumni Services initiatives in providing comprehensive oversight of the employer outreach campaigns. The successful candidate will be responsible for working across divisions to lead projects that result in increased activity in employers recruiting Ashford University graduates.
Essential Job Duties:
• Design, implement and coordinate all aspects of universities employer recruiting programs, including the cultivation of employers in a wide range of industries, developing both domestic and international opportunities for students, as well as the creation of policies governing employer and student participants in recruitment efforts.
• Coordinate collaboration between Student Affairs and Corporate Relations to maximize resources in order to effectively reach out to employers around the United States and increase Ashford University’s profile in the workforce.
• Execute the day to day employer outreach operations including, but not limited to, scheduling virtual and face to face events, assist staff and employers with the Career Services Management software, and provide administrator responsibilities for employer outreach campaigns, data bases, software and materials.
• Under the supervision of the Director, coordinate tracking and assessment initiatives that support the overall Student Affairs assessment plan and compliance and regulatory requirements.
Additional Job Duties (include but are not limited to):
• Coordinate networking events, job fairs, resume booklet compilations and other venues for the purposes of providing opportunities for employers, alumni and students to connect.
• Drive activity by employers to post career opportunities and recruiting events to target Ashford students and graduates.
• Drive activity by students and graduates to events and job postings in career services management tool via student portal.
• Coordinate training, support and assistance with Career & Alumni Services as well as Corporate Relations staff members working remotely to build relationships with employers.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Commitment to Mission: Aligns with the Core Values of Integrity, Ethics, and Service through behaviors that demonstrate a positive commitment to the customer and the organization.
• Communication: Aligns with the Core Values of Service through oral and written communication skills and internal/external relationships.
• Service: Encompasses the company’s core values of service; including service to the organization, customer community.
• Personal Planning: Aligns with personal accountability and responsibility.
• Experience in outreach either in career services or in recruiting and staffing.
• Knowledge of career development or student development theories, trends and issues.
• Ability to take ownership and initiative to prioritize and plan own work.
• Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, including skill in making oral and written presentations through various media formats to colleagues or subordinates to provide information, instructions, or explain subjects of interest.
• Experience working in a college or university setting assisting students with job search related coaching and performing employer outreach or working in a corporate recruiting or staffing environment that included coaching and development of staff and candidates.
• Experience with MS Office, applicant tracking systems, webinar software (i.e. Adobe Connect, Microsoft Lync, etc.)
• Master’s degree preferred, or in progress, preferably in a student affairs or human resources related area.
For additional information about our University, please visit www.ashford.edu.
Physical Requirements :
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee requires dexterity in using telephone, computer keyboard, mouse and calculator while seated at a desk. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit. The employee may frequently move to interact with fellow employees and/or clients. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Communication Skills: While performing Duties of the job, the employee is required to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence and memos. The employee requires the ability to write effective and detailed correspondence and to effectively present information both in one-on-one and small group situations.
Mental Demands: While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to deal with stress associated with a fast-paced work environment and multiple priorities/tasks. The employee will be required to make judgment decisions and adapt to changing work situations, grasp and apply new ideas, communicate with various personalities at all levels and have the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed instructions.
Work Environment: While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to work in an office environment, and the noise level is usually moderate to loud .
Note : This opportunity of employment will require a completed pre-employment screening to be inclusive of, but not limited to: a criminal background investigation, a credit check investigation, verification of education credentials, verification of prior employment history, professional reference checks and public social media postings; with review prior to an offer of employment being extended. As an employer, we participate in E-Verify. To learn
more please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .
Notice to Prospective Employees
As required by the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security
Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (the “Clery Act”), prospective employees
are entitled to request and receive a copy of Ashford University Annual
Campus Security Report. The Report can be accessed a t 2011 AU Campus and Safety Report . The report includes certain campus safety policies and statistics
on reportable crimes and incidents that occurred on campus, in certain
off-campus buildings, and on public property immediately adjacent to campus or
accessible from campus for three previous years. The policies include
campus security policies, crime prevention, and alcohol and drug use, and
sexual assault, among others. To obtain a paper copy of the report,
please contact HumanResources@bpiedu.com .
Wait, there’s more… For more up-to-date news follow us on Twitter: @AshfordUCareers
Ashford University - 2 years ago
You can help people change their lives when they choose to pursue higher education and earn a degree from Ashford University. With more...