The Employer Outreach Specialist position is a full-time employment opportunity. Under the supervision of the Associate Director of Career & Alumni Services, the Employer Outreach Specialist role will support Career & Alumni Services initiatives in providing comprehensive oversight of the employer outreach campaigns. The successful candidate will be responsible for working across divisions to lead projects that result in increased activity in employers recruiting Ashford University graduates.
Essential Job Duties:
Additional Job Duties (include but are not limited to):
- Design, implement and coordinate all aspects of universities employer recruiting programs, including the cultivation of employers in a wide range of industries, developing both domestic and international opportunities for students, as well as the creation of policies governing employer and student participants in recruitment efforts.
- Coordinate collaboration between Student Affairs and Corporate Relations to maximize resources in order to effectively reach out to employers around the United States and increase BPE’s institutions’ profile in the workforce.
- Execute the day to day employer outreach operations including, but not limited to, scheduling virtual and face to face events, assist staff and employers with the Career Services Management software, and provide administrator responsibilities for employer outreach campaigns, data bases, software and materials.
- Under the supervision of the Associate Director, coordinate tracking and assessment initiatives that support the overall Student Affairs assessment plan and compliance and regulatory requirements.
- Coordinate networking events, job fairs, resume booklet compilations and other venues for the purposes of providing opportunities for employers, alumni and students to connect.
- Drive activity by employers to post career opportunities and recruiting events to target BPE institutions’ students and graduates.
- Drive activity by students and graduates to events and job postings in career services management tool via student portal.
- Coordinate training, support and assistance with Career & Alumni Services as well as Corporate Relations staff members working remotely to build relationships with employers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Commitment to Mission: Aligns with the Core Values of Integrity, Ethics, and Service through behaviors that demonstrate a positive commitment to the customer and the organization.
- Communication: Aligns with the Core Values of Service through oral and written communication skills and internal/external relationships.
- Service: Encompasses the company’s core values of service; including service to the organization, customer community.
- Personal Planning: Aligns with personal accountability and responsibility.
- Leading Change: This competency serves as the foundation of the Leadership competency model as it aligns the behaviors and characteristic of the individuals with the organization’s mission and core values. Inherent in this competency is the individual’s ability to balance change and continuity; to continually strive to improve organizational framework; to create a work environment that encourages innovation; and to maintain focus, intensity and persistence, even under adversity.
- Leading People: The second leadership competency involves the ability to maximize human capital by fostering an environment that encompasses the organization’s culture and execute the mission, goals and core values.
- Business Acumen: This competency involves the ability to understand and administer business information cross departmentally in a manner that inspires confidence, instills trust and accomplishes the organization’s goals.
- Building Communication: The fourth leadership competency encompasses written and verbal communications of facts and ideas as well as developing a professional network inside and outside the organization.
- Driving Results: The final competency stresses accountability and continuous improvement through decision making, execution and producing results.
Looking for additional insight on this specific role? Not sure if the job is for you, but know someone who sounds like a perfect fit? Email us at: TalentAcquisition@bpiedu.com and someone with the inside track would be more than happy to be a resource for you!
- Experience in outreach either in career services or in recruiting and staffing.
- Knowledge of career development or student development theories, trends and issues.
- Ability to take ownership and initiative to prioritize and plan own work.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, including skill in making oral and written presentations through various media formats to colleagues or subordinates to provide information, instructions, or explain subjects of interest.
- Experience working in a college or university setting assisting students with job search related coaching and performing employer outreach or working in a corporate recruiting or staffing environment that included coaching and development of staff and candidates.
Note: This opportunity of employment will require a completed pre-employment screening to be inclusive of, but not limited to: a criminal background investigation, a credit check investigation, verification of education credentials, verification of prior employment history and a professional reference check; with review prior to an offer of employment being extended.
- Master’s degree preferred, or in progress, preferably in a student affairs or human resources related area.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee requires dexterity in using telephone, computer keyboard, mouse and calculator while seated at a desk. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit. The employee may frequently move to interact with fellow employees and/or clients. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Communication Skills: While performing Duties of the job, the employee is required to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence and memos. The employee requires the ability to write effective and detailed correspondence and to effectively present information both in one-on-one and small group situations.
Mental Demands: While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to deal with stress associated with a fast-paced work environment and multiple priorities/tasks. The employee will be required to make judgment decisions and adapt to changing work situations, grasp and apply new ideas, communicate with various personalities at all levels and have the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed instructions.
Work Environment: While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to work in an office environment, and the noise level is usually quiet to moderate.
Technology Changes Everything.
New inventions have already changed the way we look up facts, find our way around town, and communicate with each other. Now technology is changing education, too. Ashford University brings together a worldwide student body with the latest in learning technology as well as a traditional campus in Clinton, Iowa.
Because knowledge is everywhere, for everyone.
We offer our team competitive benefits (M/V/D/401k/ESPP) and salaries, a safe work environment, innovative training, accelerated career advancement, the ability to take classes and programs gratis, and a collegiate and collaborative environment to work and grow in. Ashford University understands that our success depending on the development of strong leadership within the organization.
To be considered an applicant, all interested and qualified parties MUST apply through the Ashford University online employment application system.
For additional information about our University, please visit www.ashford.edu.
Ashford University is an Affirmative Action employer that provides Equal Employment Opportunity to all employees and applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, sexual orientation, handicap or disability, or Vietnam-era or special veteran status. This policy is established and administered in accordance with all applicable federal and state laws.
Notice to Prospective Employees
As required by the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (the “Clery Act”), prospective employees are entitled to request and receive a copy of Ashford University Annual Campus Security Report. The Report can be accessed at 2011 AU Campus and Safety Report. The report includes certain campus safety policies and statistics on reportable crimes and incidents that occurred on campus, in certain off-campus buildings, and on public property immediately adjacent to campus or accessible from campus for three previous years. The policies include campus security policies, crime prevention, and alcohol and drug use, and sexual assault, among others. To obtain a paper copy of the report, please contact HumanResources@bpiedu.com.
Wait, there’s more… For more up-to-date news follow us on Twitter: @AshfordUCareers and @BPEdCareers