Full-Time Employment Counselor
The Employment Counselor:
o Provides supervision to work crews as assigned.
o Provides transportation to consumers.
o Ensures the health and safety of consumers, attending to personal care as required.
o Implements, monitors, and reports on consumers’ Individual Service and Support Plans as stated in the Individual Plan.
o Monitors and reports on data to ensure compliance with all applicable guidelines and regulations, including Imagine! Policies and Procedures.
o Performs all duties of a Day Program Counselor, including:
o Facilitates day program activities through CORE
o Follows established curriculum and supervises consumers
o Provides a therapeutic environment in a 1:1 staff to client ratio
o Integrates consumers into a group setting
Knowledge, Skill, and Ability:
• Demonstrated skill in working with people with developmental disabilities.
• Ability to engage in skilled interaction with people who require behavior development.
• Effective written and verbal communication skills with individuals and groups at all professional levels.
• Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks/goals for self and others.
• Demonstrated organizational and time management skills.
• Possession of a valid driver’s license and ability to meet Imagine! driving requirements.
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Services or related field highly preferred.
• One-two years experience.
• Successful completion of the Labor Source Apprenticeship.
Working Environment/Physical Activities
• Ability to lift 50 pounds.
• Ability to perform physical restraints on consumers.
• Ability to work in a standing position 3-4 hours each day.
• Requires ability to: Drive a vehicle 1-1.5 hours per day; walk and push wheelchairs; lift consumers during toileting, physical fitness classes, etc; bend to strap chairs into vehicles; fold and lift wheelchairs; carry supplies, etc. Physical activities often make up the majority of an 8 hour shift.
• Ability to drive a mini van and a large van with wheelchair lift.
• Effective with shifting roles in a changing environment.
Full-time position available, starting pay $11.50/hour.
Imagine - 8 months ago