For more than 130 years, the Chubb Group of Insurance Companies has been delivering exceptional property and casualty insurance products and services to businesses and individuals around the world.
Today, we are the 12th largest property and casualty insurer in the United States and have a worldwide network of some 120 offices in 25 countries staffed by 10,100 employees. The Chubb Corporation reported $52.1 billion in assets and $13.6 billion in revenues in 2012. According to Fortune magazine, Chubb is the 202nd largest U.S.-based corporation. Forbes listed Chubb as one of America’s 100 Most Trustworthy Companies. We have emerged as a leader in the insurance industry not only on the basis of our size or our longevity. We consistently strive to build lasting relationships with our customers and 8,500 independent agents and brokers, and we aim to be the best at what we do by delivering unparalleled service and innovative, scalable and specialized products backed by financial strength and third-party endorsements and casualty insurance products and services to businesses and individuals around the world.
The Chubb Group of Insurance Companies is currently seeking candidates for a Paralegal I position in our House Counsel practice located in Sunrise, Florida.
The Paralegal in this position will be responsible for assisting the office’s attorneys with the defense of employment discrimination cases and charges that may be in litigation (state or federal court) or pending before administrative agencies. Under the direction and supervision of the firm’s lawyers, the job duties shall include, but are not limited to:
• Function as an integral part of the firm’s Employment Practice Group;
• Maintain case calendar and electronic case management system;
• Draft pleadings and coordinate discovery for matters pending in state and federal court and before various administrative agencies such as the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), the Florida Commission on Human Relations (FCHR) and other local FEP agencies;
• Draft position statements;
• Gather, track, organize and summarize records;
• Assist in the preparation of cases and matters for trial, hearing or mediation;
• Litigation support in addition to coordinating all aspects of document production, organizing and indexing documents, preparing witness files and exhibits;
• Communicate and interact with the firm’s clients, adversaries and Claims Department to exchange information and documentation relative to the litigation process;
• Administrative case management and update data and document communications in electronic and physical case files;
Experience and Education:
• Employment practices paralegal experience required;
• Advanced oral and written communications as well as advanced interpersonal skills;
• Strong computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite of products;
• Excellent time management and organizational skill with the ability to work in a high volume environment;
• Strong team player skills; able to work with employees at all levels;
• Certificate of completion from a recognized paralegal training program preferred;
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Chubb prides itself on the ability to provide all employees with an extraordinary work environment which promotes teamwork, diversity and incentives for those who exceed expectations. Chubb has been recognized as one of the top 50 companies for diversity by Diversity Inc. magazine, one of America's most admired companies by Forbes, and one of the top 100 companies to work for by Fortune.
Chubb's compensation and benefit plans work together to create a Total Rewards Program for our employees that is among the best in our industry. As a global organization, we work hard to achieve our goal of providing flexible and competitive compensation and benefits packages in each local market in which we operate. Our goal is to exceed average market practices for our performers. For more information about Chubb and our benefits, visit our website at www.chubb.com.
All interested applicants must apply online at www.chubb.apply2jobs.com.
Chubb & Son, Inc., a division of Federal Insurance Company, does not accept resumes from unsolicited third party agencies or recruiters. No fees will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates in this manner.
Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and...