UPMC Presbyterian is hiring a Full-Time EMS Specialist to help support the PUH-Prehospital Services Department for its UPMC Presbyterian location. Coordinate UPMC Prehospital Care educational programs. Work days and hours, vary.
- Manage continuous quality improvement program development for medical command services.
- Develop and execute action plans for those providers and systems that are identified through the quality improvement process.
- Develop, coordinate, and instruct continuing medical education programs for EMS providers.
- Organize, plan, and implement EMS recognition events.
- Organize, plan, perform, and manage community health events in designated areas.
- Implement medical command authorization process and standardized treatment guidelines for use by prehospital providers.
- Develop response plans for special event coverage assigned.
- Recruit, coordinate, and manage special event medical coverage assigned.
- Coordinate the PA Department of Health accreditation of an assigned UPMC hospital as a medical command facility.
- Formalize agreements/contracts with EMS agencies and transportation system in region assigned.
- Provide expertise to hospital disaster committee, and other committees as required.
- Establish and maintain effective professional relationships with local government officials, EMS agencies, civil emergency services, county, regional and state agencies and other health care facilities.
- Three years of experience in EMS or a BA Degree in Emergency Medicine required.
- Masters Degree in Emergency Medical Services or related field preferred.
- Experience with supervision of medical coverage for mass gathering events required.
- Experience with EMS quality improvement programs required.
- Previous experience in public speaking required.
- Experience in the development of clinical EMS protocols, policies and procedures experience preferred.
- Experience in the Coordination and implementation of research programs pertaining to EMS preferred.
- Familiarity with EMS billing preferred.
- Experience in the development and coordination of community health events experience preferred.
- Experience with supervision of medical coverage for mass gathering events preferred.
- Experience in disaster plan development preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite preferred.
- Able to lift up to 100 pounds to a height of 4 feet without assistance required.
- Instructor certification in trauma life support, ACLS, BCLS, and PALS preferred.
- Certification as a CCEMT-P preferred.
- Certification as a Paramedic or Licensure as a RN or PA in Pennsylvania or eligible for reciprocity is required.
UPMC is an equal opportunity employer.
UPMC - 12 months ago
UPMC is a $10 billion global health enterprise with more than 55,000 employees headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pa., and is transforming health...