Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Office Technology Manager
RESPONSIBILITIES: Guided by department objectives and priorities, provides software and hardware support for attorneys and staff through troubleshooting and project participation. Supports meeting set-ups, video conferences and phone set up and troubleshooting. Assists with data retention and simple server maintenance. Collaborates closely with others in firm wide and office-based Information Technology groups, attorneys, staff, and vendors. Ensures client service and satisfaction are attained in all areas of position.
1. Consistently promotes and models the Firm's Client Service Principles in teamwork, work product, and personal interaction.
2. Ensures exemplary client service to all internal and external clients; proactively promotes client service throughout department and among teams; responds to peer requests with recognition that request serves a client or Firm need.
End User and Technical Support
1. Provides in-depth troubleshooting and issue resolution for desktop applications. Ensures problem solving and solutions reflects understanding of software and hardware integration and functioning. Uses Firm and vendor provided knowledge bases as well as other resources to research and resolve issues. Shares knowledge gained with others in Information Technology throughout the Firm.
2. Provides support for specific hardware such as desktop and notebook computers, system peripherals, PDA’s, wireless connectivity, printers, and MFP’s. Understands setup, configuration, and use of dual monitor displays and other specialized hardware configurations.
3. Responsible for moves, additions, and changes (“MAC”) to telephones. Documents and keeps current all MAC orders. Performs necessary voicemail work in regards to troubleshooting, creating caller applications for departing employees, and documenting such work.
4. Responsible for maintenance and operation of audio and video conferencing equipment, including instructing personnel in the use of such equipment. Responsible for understanding, operating, troubleshooting, and training personnel on conference room technology, including Polycoms, cameras, projectors, microphones, etc. Works with audio, video, conference room technology vendors to ensure equipment is up-to-date and working properly.
5. Assists in maintaining the physical security of the data center facility and integrity of the database through the implementation of the Firm's security procedures.
6. Understand the Firm data retention policy, assists in preserving data integrity. Documents and tracks user requests for data recovery, and trains a backup for this role.
7. Assists Infrastructure team with server maintenance, configuration, and troubleshooting adhering to firm standards and guidelines. Proactively monitors servers, switches, UPSes, DSL routers, wireless APs.
8. Understands configuration of Firm operating systems and utilities. Preserves user data and images systems. Follows established policies and procedures in supporting applications and hardware.
9. Logs technical support incidents and requests into the ticket management system from live calls, email, and voice mail systems. Monitors support center incidents assigned to the team to ensure SLAs and OLAs are met for responding to and resolving incidents. Provide succinct and pertinent updates to incidents indicating acted upon resolution and communication to user. Participates in Problems and Knowledge initiatives and other process improvements.
10. Communicates proactively with end users to ensure issues are clarified, effectively addressed, and resolved with appropriate urgency. Ensures end user satisfaction; maintains accountability throughout resolution, including when issue is delegated or handed off.
11. Collaborates closely with local team, application owners, and other analysts to incorporate appropriate expertise and protocols into issue resolution.
12. Flexibility with schedule and ability to travel between the Virginia and DC offices as needed. Participates in team on-call rotation and may need to be reachable via the Firm provided Blackberry outside of standard working hours as needed.
1. Conducts training on Firm standard hardware and software or specialized hardware and software used in the office. May participates in the development and delivery of training new training programs..
2. Understands and uses the firms Learning Management System to set up courses and record attendance.
3. Skilled in the use of Live Meeting and other online collaboration tools to facilitate training.
Knowledge and Professional Development
1. Ensures current knowledge of firm software applications and hardware; and that personal knowledge remains current and comprehensive in area(s) of expertise.
2. Ensures communication and teamwork skills are highly effective and employ best practices to support client service objectives.
3. Ensures knowledge of attorneys, staff, Firm practice areas and clients, etc. is current, and that personal interaction is professional and reflects awareness of the Firm’s personnel and business practices.
4. Participates in team and departmental meetings. Participates in team review process.
5. Actively participates in and contributes to the User Support Peer Group and other peer groups of the International Legal Technology Association (“ILTA”).
Ensure compliance with the Firm's Confidentiality Policy, including safeguarding confidential and personal information, and reporting any suspected breach appropriately and immediately.
Adhere to the Firm’s General Safety Practices and any unique safety practices for department and building.
Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
1. College level course work in Information Systems Technology preferred.
2. Five years PC experience with hardware and software knowledge. Understanding of LAN/WAN and server concepts.
3. Strong knowledge of Windows OS required. In depth knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, including Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint. Experience with Windows 7 and Office 2007 a plus.
4. Recent and relevant certification strongly desired.
5. Law firm or professional services experience preferable.
Teamwork and Applied Skills
1. Skill to assess issues and needs and to provide responsive solutions. A highly proactive, solution-oriented approach to work and interactions.
2. Talent for creating client satisfaction; demonstrated ability to focus on the client value in all work.
3. Strong sense of accountability, taking ownership over projects and responsibilities and resolving issues proactively.
4. Ability to assess information, anticipates issues and outcomes, and makes effective decisions.
5. High comfort level with sometimes stressful client requirements.
6. Ability to follow instructions with high degree of accuracy.
7. Technical aptitude and understanding, including ability to quickly learn new applications.
8. Ability to apply effective independent judgment.
9. Strong organizational skills; ability to prioritize work, and work within competing deadlines.
10. Ability to manage multiple priorities under deadlines.
11. Reliability, dependability, and strong motivation to respond to requests quickly.
12. Availability to work overtime; flexibility regarding work schedule.
13. Ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
How to Apply
Only Online Applications will be considered. You will receive a confirmation of your application via email. No phone calls please.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Morrison & Foerster is not accepting resumes or referrals from agencies. If you are a recruiter, search firm, or employment agency, you will not be compensated in any way for your referral of a candidate even if Morrison & Foerster hires the candidate.
Morrison & Foerster LLP
425 Market Street
San Francisco, CA 94105
Morrison & Foerster is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.