DSW is the destination for savvy shoe lovers everywhere. Aisles are filled with women’s and men’s dress, casual, and athletic shoes in an easy, self-service shopping environment. With a rapidly growing number of DSW stores and leased departments for other retailers, an ecommerce site, and a mobile site, DSW is fast becoming America’s Favorite Place for Shoes! We also hope to become America’s Favorite Place to Work by hiring candidates who exhibit our values: passion, accountability, collaboration, and humility.
The IT Services End User Support Specialist will provide hardware and software support services to enable business productivity on endpoint devices such as desktops, laptops, tablets and smartphones. The role will provide technical assistance and training in the use of corporate supported applications and systems to resolve incidents and requests such as, hardware and software problems, upgrades, acquiring access to applications or data, removing malware and supporting on-boarding and off-boarding processes. The specialist will utilize strong analytical and communication skills to facilitate efficient solutions to IT operational issues. No Direct Reports. Reports to IT Services Manager. Must possess the ability to:
Endpoint technology hardware and software support
- Provides corporate end user device management (Windows, Mac, etc…)
- Resolve incidents, document solutions and provide 1:1 support and training
- Perform in-depth network and systems analysis to resolve issues
- Deployment of new hardware, coordination of repairs, intelligent device allocation
- Utilize automated/remote support systems such as Altiris and/or SCCM to provide an efficient and controlled support experience for business users
- Determines technology solutions based on customer needs, analyzes and recommends hardware and software acquisition. Assist customers in assessing needs and providing business justification for equipment and services.
IT Services core team responsibilities, including the following:
- Participates in internal 24x7 on-call support to ensure critical incident resolution
- Serves as a liaison to other groups and participates in projects as required
- Participates in compliance evidence collection process for IT Services controls
- Actively contribute to IT Services knowledgebase and mentoring process
- Achieve other goals and objectives as assigned
Client Computing Administration
- Operating Systems (OS) “golden” image management to include imaging and reimaging machines, development and triage of new images and add-ons
- Security Operations to include; encryption of laptops, virus, malware removal
- Active Directory (AD) administration to maintain user and machine accounts, access rights for users and groups, machine and group policy updates
- Exchange administration to maintain personal and shared mailboxes, calendars, distribution lists, address books, etc…
Software packaging and deployment
- Build and maintain packages for deployment, includes research and development of the package working with SME and software vendors
- Role based software application distribution aligned with role based OS image
- Responsible for end user software license, virus and patch compliance
Research industry trends and security threats to learn about new technology challenges and bring new ideas and solutions to support continuous process improvement.
- Minimum 3-5 years of IT support experience
- Able to work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines.
- Able to promptly answer support related email, phone calls and other electronic communications.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented and organized.
- Proficient with applications used in a corporate environment, Microsoft and Adobe productivity products, email, smart phones, web browsers, FTP clients and ticket systems.
- Excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Typing proficiency: 40-60 wpm.
- Windows and/or Mac administration experience with working knowledge of Active Directory
- Highly organized and team-oriented
- Advanced PC troubleshooting Windows OS and Mac OS, applications and hardware.
- Windows 7 certification and/or deployment and management experience preferred
- Altiris and/or SCCM experience is preferred
- Mac OS X administration experience preferred
- ITIL v2 or v3 certification preferred
- Enterprise experience within an AD domain based environment preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college/university with an emphasis in computer science or equivalent in work experience (minimum 3-5 years of IT support experience)
WHERE SHOE LOVERS SHOP. WHERE SHOE LOVERS WORK.
DSW Inc. is a leading branded footwear and accessories retailer that offers a wide selection of brand name and designer dress, casual and...