HTC is seeking a customer focused, high-energy individual to support our corporate technology, computer, and phone systems. This position is the primary contact for end users throughout HTC Americas. The End User Support Specialist provides initial diagnostics and timely resolution of end user issues or requests related to internal applications, third party applications, network access or hardware issues. The End User Support Specialist will consult with other members of the Information Technology team for guidance or advice and issues can be escalated if needed. This person will work closely with other IT personnel, satellite office teams, and end-users to provide a superior end-user experience. The successful candidate must have a thorough knowledge of the Windows and Macintosh Operating Systems and must be passionate about customer service.
What you get to do every day:
· Own all aspects of end user support - hardware, systems, software and administration.
· Provide phone, email, in-person, and on-call support to on-site and off-site users
· Own all aspects of provisioning, supporting and training employees in various desktop and cloud-based systems.
· Installation and support of video conferencing, communications, and collaboration equipment.
· Fully document all cases in incident tracking software and escalate to appropriate queue.
· Assume ownership of project-related tasks as needed or assigned.
· Act as liaison between clients, customers, other internal IT organizations and external IT vendors.
· Daily/weekly/monthly client and network, system, and application performance and maintenance monitoring tasks.
· Help automate IT support infrastructure (e.g. identity management, asset management, application and configuration Management, antivirus update management, ticket triage & reporting, etc.)
· Maintain confidentiality/security of all information systems and content.
· Recommend and implement new standards, policies and documentation for end-user devices and IT processes
· Ensure timely user notification of maintenance requirements and effects on system availability.
· Continuous improvement of internal customer satisfaction.
· Other tasks and duties as requested by management.
What you bring to the role:
· Minimum 3 years experience providing enterprise end user support for Microsoft and Macintosh desktop environments.
· Experience supporting IP based networks, servers, desktops, laptops and printers.
· Experience supporting MS Office suite on both Windows and Macintosh
· Experience with the following: VPN and basic wired/wireless connectivity; Windows Active Directory and Group policies; management and deployment of corporate desktop environments; corporate anti-virus and other desktop security applications; mobile devices running Android and Windows Phone OS and devices running Active-Sync for corporate email access; Cisco network and VoIP Call Manager, etc.
· Knowledge of electronic asset management systems.
· Some knowledge of ITIL-based system management suites such as Altiris, Microsoft System Center. LANDesk, etc.
· Strong customer service orientation; practical experience in other customer service roles a plus
· Excellent organizational skills; ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Highly self-motivated and directed. Demonstrates passion for technology. Keen attention to detail.
· Skilled at working within a team-oriented, collaborative environment. Able to work independently as well.
· Must be able to travel locally and to other North American locations approximately 20% of the time
· Microsoft certification in application support preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer
HTC - 16 months ago