Job Purpose: Responsible for implementation of daily operations activities at our University Avenue Endoscopy center. Provides supervision and leadership to staff within the department and works collaboratively with site director to provide day-to-day leadership and management that promotes our company mission and vision. The Endoscopy Nurse Manager will be a working supervisor; therefore a RN license is required.
Management of Resources
- As directed by leadership, implements operational changes and participates in and promotes efforts to measure and track implementation of operational changes.
- Provides recommendations to leadership to improve clinical care and company performance.
- Encourages two-way communication and promotes the concept of “Fair Process”.
- Responsible for maintaining a high performing staff including providing adequate training, resources and staffing levels to support the efficient functioning of the site.
- Identify and request site resource needs including equipment, materials and staff.
- Conducts periodic assessment of performance for staff as indicated by current criteria.
- Projects staffing needs in order to allow consistent and smooth running departments.
- Assures staff training and orientation and familiarity with available resources, current regulations and processes.
- Maintains familiarity with the processes performed on site, standardizes and recommends best practice whenever possible.
- Provides coaching, mentoring and opportunities for staff interested in professional growth.
- Fosters a professionally satisfying work environment for all staff.
- Works with leadership to ensure efficient use of company resources, maximum utilization of company facilities and safe and effective patient care. Identifies barriers, brings issues and recommendations for resolution to leadership.
- Serves as a resource for site staff and other direct reports.
- Ensures participation of staff on committees and project groups.
- Is aware of and follows company policies and procedures.
- Maintains education and knowledge.
- Available to attend a majority of assigned meetings.
Qualification Requirements: In order to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and regular attendance is required. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provides high quality clinical care on site by ensuring a well-functioning, collaborative team of staff.
- Addresses issues of performance or behavior with individual employees.
Education and/or Experience: Associates Degree is required. Bachelor’s Degree is preferred. 2-3 years of leadership experience is preferred.
Certifications/Licenses: Current license as Registered Nurse (RN) in Minnesota is required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Working knowledge of:
- Demonstrated ability to lead staff group.
- Strong assessment skills
- Principles for providing compassionate care
- Gastrointestinal system
- Infection control practices
- Emergency response
- Word processing
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Problem Solve, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Multitask and be detail oriented
- Use Active Listening Skills
- Work independently as well as in a team environment
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing including ease with public speaking
- Communicate effectively with internal and external customers at all levels
- Participate in ongoing leadership development activities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to walk, sit, reach over head and bend to the floor and frequently required to stand for long periods of time. The employee frequently lifts and/or moves up to 10 pounds. The employee will be required to apply pressure to abdomen while assisting with procedures.
The employee is regularly required to use dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and perform venipuncture. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Working Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee works in an Outpatient Endoscopy Center and may be exposed to hazardous chemicals or conditions including exposure to blood or other body fluids. Appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and training will be provided. The employee is exposed to a computer monitor daily. The employee may be required to travel by automobile and exposed to changing weather conditions while performing the duties of this position.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee will be alert to conditions that may impact the safety of patients, employees and visitors.
Minnesota Gastroenterology, P.A. - 5 months ago
copy to clipboard