For more than two decades, Conservation Services Group (CSG) has helped Americans make smart energy use decisions an important part of the way they live and work. CSG designs, develops, and delivers innovative, results-driven energy efficiency, energy conservation, sustainability, and renewable energy programs. We bring our experience, expertise, creativity, and commitment to our goals of using environmentally responsible approaches in helping business and home owners lower costs, increase comfort, and improve indoor air quality; and in championing the development and use of renewable, alternative energy.
People who work at CSG say that it's a unique kind of organization - one that nurtures individual talents and inspires dedication. We share a commitment to our work and our mission. CSG has a collegial atmosphere, where people respect and encourage each other to help the environment and change the way our country uses energy. How about you; do you see yourself as a part of our team?
CSG is seeking an Energy Advisor for its Moderate Income Program in southern Illinois (St. Clair, Madison, Jersey, Greene, Macoupin counties ) as well as surrounding areas. who will conduct comprehensive residential energy assessments to identify energy efficiency improvement opportunities, complete direct install components during the site visit, produce accurate customer energy reports, and oversee the performance of the retrofit work. The Energy Advisor will be based in a home office and need to cover the Ameren Illinois service territory in southern Illinois, but will be required to report to the office several times per quarter.
- Conduct home energy assessments which will require entering residential attics, basements and crawl spaces; climbing ladders; interacting with homeowners; and generating a computerized report to the customer. CSG will provide equipment and training. Home energy assessments include:
- Determining insulation levels in both attics and walls
- Visual checks of age and condition of HVAC equipment and ducts
- Visual checks of windows and weather-stripping
- Using an infrared camera in the course of the evaluation
- Completing an energy use data collection form to capture home data
- Data entry into laptop based computer modeling software
- Review and explain energy modeling output to homeowners
- Sell, coordinate and oversee energy efficiency retrofit work
- Develop a Scope of Work consisting of specific energy saving measures recommended based on the home energy assessment
- Explain incentives, grants, and loans that are available for energy efficiency improvements
- Sell the Scope of Work to homeowners and collect payment
- Issue Work Orders to subcontractors for performance of the retrofit work
- Oversee subcontractor performance for quality and completion
- Approve subcontractor invoices and submit applications for payment
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
- Experience in residential energy conservation with BPI certification, residential construction, or a related field, and enthusiasm for energy conservation is a key attribute for this position.
- A successful applicant will be required to achieve BPI certification within six months of hire, if not already attained (Both Building Analyst and Envelope Professional).
- HS Diploma or equivalent
- 3-5 years experience in building diagnostics, air infiltration reduction and sidewall and attic insulation
- Strong customer service, client relationship management, sales, writing and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical and program concepts to contractors, consumers, and other interested people or organizations.
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting.
- Computer proficiency, experience with Windows-based office applications required. Familiarity with computerized building energy modeling software such as REM/ Rate , ResCheck and Home Check, Manual J, or other residential construction software preferred.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Availability to call on customers some evenings and Saturdays.
- Ability to lift thirty-five pounds (35lbs) and the physical ability to inspect tight areas, attics, crawl spaces, hatch doors, etc.
- Flexibility in schedule and ability to travel to customer homes daily required.
- Candidate must possess reliable transportation.
- Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory background check
CSG’s compensation package includes comprehensive medical coverage with BlueCross BlueShield Blue Care Elect PPO, dental coverage with Delta Dental PPO, and vision coverage with EyeMed Vision Care; Employer paid life and AD&D insurance and STD & LTD insurance coverage; Plus paid holidays, PTO, and employer matching 401(k) retirement plan.
Please apply online at: http://jobs-csg.icims.com
CSG is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Key Words: green jobs, energy efficiency, utility, conservation, BPI, LEED, weatherization, HVAC, clean energy, energy conservation, csg jobs, energy consulting, energy efficient, green energy, renewable energy
Conservation Services Group - 16 months ago