Edison Mission Marketing & Trading (EMMT), based in Boston, Massachusetts, conducts price risk management and energy trading activities for its parent organization, Edison Mission Energy (EME), based in Santa Ana, California. EME is a holding company whose subsidiaries and affiliates are engaged in the business of developing, acquiring, owning or leasing, operating and selling energy and capacity from independent power production facilities.
Reporting to the Managing Director, Asset Management and Analytics, the successful candidate will develop practical and timely analyses and decision support tools for EMMT Asset and Commercial managers to assist in their efforts to maximize the value of the EMMT portfolio or merchant and contracted wind, gas and coal assets. In addition, the successful candidate will develop and advance asset optimization ideas and approaches applicable to the EMMT portfolio. This is an exempt position located in the Boston, MA office. Title will be based on qualifications.
- Perform analyses and recommend decisions to asset and commercial managers
- Research energy, fuel, emission and REC markets and develop strategies to maximize asset value
- Co-optimize asset management as well as short- and long-term hedging within Compliance guidelines, approved hedge instruments and Risk metrics
- Value coal, gas and wind assets in support of strategy development and contract negotiation
- Proactively advance asset optimization ideas and approaches
Experience and Skills:
- Two to five years of experience in energy or equity markets
- Strong quantitative, analytical and problem solving abilities
- Interest in energy asset management, strong motivation, interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Programming experience in Matlab, VBA, or C / C++
- Bachelors degree in Engineering, Economics, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, Operations Research or other quantitative area required.
- Advanced degree preferred.
Midwest Generation - 16 months ago