Edison Mission Marketing & Trading (EMMT), based in Boston, Massachusetts, conducts price risk management and energy trading activities for its parent organization, Edison Mission Energy (EME), based in Santa Ana, California. EME is a holding company whose subsidiaries and affiliates are engaged in the business of developing, acquiring, owning or leasing, operating and selling energy and capacity from independent power production facilities.
We are looking for someone with strong understanding of utility and ISO transmission planning to help identify merchant transmission opportunities in ISO markets and to help our team evaluate commercial opportunities arising from future changes in transmission topology or generation entry/exit.
The ideal candidate has 2-5+ years of transmission planning experience with very strong power flow modeling skills and deep understanding of electricity market policy and rules with respect to transmission planning, ARR allocation and modeling. Experience/expertise in Entergy, SPP, MISO, or PJM markets is particularly desired.
The ideal candidate should be a team-oriented self-starter with proven ability to deliver results on complex analyses and projects and have strong communication skills.
Job responsibilities include extensive work translating market rules and ISO data into power flow models that yield actionable ideas for merchant transmission opportunities. The position entails working closely with Analytic, Commercial, and Trading staff on realizing these opportunities, as well as working on FTR auctions and OTC trading with a team of leading industry experts in the area of FTR trading.
Required Technical/Functional Skills
- Power flow modeling (e.g. Powerworld, PSSE, PSLF)
- Excel, VBA, SQL experience or other modeling/programming skills
- Presentation development skills with Powerpoint or similar tools
- 2-5+ years of experience.
- Masters of Ph.D. in Power Engineering is desired. Degree in Economics, Math, Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Statistics or other quantitative field of study may be considered for the candidate with requisite experience.