The Energy Analyst will work with HDR project teams to achieve energy-efficient building and system
design. This will require working with designers, architects and engineers from the beginning of the design
process through construction documents to help optimize energy performance. The Energy Analyst may also
participate in energy audits of existing buildings to identify and investigate energy conservation and utility
cost reduction measures. This may include site visits, walk-through assessments, energy data collection, basic
financial analysis, and report writing. Key Responsibilities:
HVAC, and building envelope measures.
- Participate in HDR charrette process and/or initial project meetings to discuss energy goals.
- Recommend energy-efficient design solutions and energy-efficient technologies, including lighting,
- Perform energy and economic analysis of design alternatives using energy modeling software and
- Develop detailed energy models using hourly simulation programs.
- Prepare documentation required for obtaining LEED energy credits.
- Meet with clients and team members to discuss energy modeling results and energy efficiency
- Participate in energy audits of existing buildings.
Master's Degree in Architecture, Architectural Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering, plus 2 years'
experience in the field. (Alternative Bachelor's 5 years' progressive experience.)
- Experience, to include:
- Demonstrated experience evaluating state-of-the-art building designs and energy-efficiency
analysis and computational fluid dynamics.
- Demonstrated experience in energy efficient HVAC strategies.
- Demonstrated experience in energy efficient commercial lighting systems.
- Demonstrated experience with building modeling including daylighting, shading, climate
personnel, contractors, architects and engineers.
- Proficiency in developing detailed hourly energy simulation models using DOE-2 or eQUEST.
- Availability to travel out of state.
- Excellent writing and documentation skills.
- Good Excel spreadsheet skills.
- Good presentation skills with the ability to speak with confidence to building owners, facility
HDR - 12 months ago
With projects ranging from restoring the Pentagon and the Everglades to working on the Hoover Dam Bypass project, HDR has left its mark on t...