Crescent Electric Supply Co (CESCO) was founded in 1919 and is one of the largest electrical distributors in the United States. Crescent Electric Supply Co. is a full-line distributor of electrical, electronic, automation and voice data products with more than 120 locations throughout 25 states. Our success stems from long-term, organic growth as a result of total customer satisfaction, teamwork, and an overall commitment to being the leading distributor of quality products through our value added services. Our customers range from Electrical Contractors, Industrial OEM & MRO customers to Commercial, Institutional, Educational and Government entities.
**This position can be based out of Kansas City, MO or St. Louis, MO. Travel is required with occasional overnights.
The primary responsibility of the Energy Business Development Manager is to secure new business by selling energy solutions to senior level decision makers at assigned prospects in our target markets. Market segments will include commercial and industrial end-users.
- Achieve defined bookings targets for revenue and gross margin.
- Develop and facilitate specifications and purchases of energy efficient lighting, power management solutions & engineering services that drive sales through CESCO branches for both new and existing customers.
- Coordinate activities with District Managers & local Account Managers to present unified strategy and maximize sales effectiveness.
- Create demand for energy products & services within assigned territory.
- Close sales opportunities on energy projects.
- Develop long term relationships with key accounts and partners that sustain repeat sales opportunities.
- Lead internal teams in the creation of proposals for energy solutions in lighting, power management and HVAC control.
- Conduct sales calls and presentations in assigned territory as required.
- Utilize resources & field reps of key suppliers to support sales strategies.
- Establish a pre-planned monthly itinerary. Travel requirements associated with this position are based on geographic location of assigned customers and actual account demands.
- Be the Crescent "Energy Expert" in their assigned territory.
- Represent Crescent at appropriate local associations & trade shows.
- Manage expenses within budget constraints.
- Solution and system selling against competition. Must fully comprehend competitive proposals containing technical, performance, economic merits and resulting benefits with new construction, retrofit and MRO opportunities. Develop superior feature/benefit solutions to close end user sales.
- Ability to analyze customer needs and develop appropriate key account plans.
- Knowledge of current national regulatory requirements for industrial/commercial applications. Including utility rebate incentives, federal, state and industry energy efficiency standards, disposal law and IES Illumination recommendations, safety codes, LEED and EPACT.
- Requires proficiency in time management as well as priority management skills in order to meet the demands associated with territory management.
- Understanding of the operations, maintenance and management of large facilities.
- 3-5 years sales experience in the electrical industry, preferably selling energy solutions to commercial and industrial end users.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering preferred, or Business Administration, Marketing or equivalent.
- CLEP or LC certification desired.
- IES membership.
- Proven sales ability, persuasive manner, competent oral and written presentations, and possess good business judgement.
- Consistently exceed standards in major job responsibilities, personal effectiveness and objectives.
- Requires excellent communication skills for both group and one-on-one meetings. Capable of creating favorable impressions with customers by showing attention to their business needs, being sincere, and sustaining a favorable personal and business reputation.
- Individual must possess strong, comprehensive PC skills (i.e., Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook products).
Competitive Benefit Package:
We offer a competitive benefits package including 401(k), medical, dental, life, and disability insurance.
CESCO is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
Candidates are subject to reference checks, credit, criminal background and DMV checks, assessments, and a post-offer drug screen. Women, minorities, disabled persons, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Crescent Electric Supply Company - 19 months ago
Crescent Electric Supply Company (CESCO) was founded in 1919. Today, it is one of the largest electrical distributors in the United States...