Under the supervision of the Program Director - Energy Conservation, this position is responsible for performing home energy audits, performing analysis or energy conservation methods, preparing necessary work orders related to energy audits, and advising on energy conservation techniques.
Essential Functions (Not All Inclusive)
· Complete weatherization tasks on low-income residences.
· Inspecting and analyzing building envelope, HVAC, heating systems, electrical, plumbing and all other aspects of building characteristics that may be considered for home improvement, with an emphasis on energy conservation.
· Utilizing knowledge of International Mechanical and Building Codes, perform and write required on-site Department of Energy (DOE) energy audits.
· Performing a wide variety of testing and diagnostics for the purposes of identifying energy conservation potential and unsafe or hazardous conditions.
· Marketing and networking for agency energy services.
· Utilizing computerized National Energy Audit Tool (NEAT) and Mobile Home Energy Audit (MHEA) job book.
· Coordinating agency’s audit technology with the State Department of Commerce to ensure compliance and compatibility.
· Analyzing energy consumption of low-income participants.
· Providing education to participants about their energy usage to empower them to reduce their expenses and make choices that positively impact their energy bills.
· Learning State Weatherization Energy Manual rules and guidelines, and ensuring crews and sub-contractors abide by policies and procedures, funding source requirements, DOE and Energy Assistance protocol, and State of Minnesota contracts.
· Assisting with smooth and orderly administration of the program with timeliness of completing paperwork, maintaining client files, data entry, and phone calls.
· High school diploma and one year post-secondary training in energy conservation or construction related activities.
· Experience in residential energy, education, or social work highly desirable.
· Currently certified as a Residential Energy Auditor or ability to obtain certification within 90 days of hire date.
· Must be available for some client-required evening or weekend appointments.
· Must be able to relate to and communicate effectively with varied socio-economic multiethnic individuals and/or groups, as well as construction, HVAC, plumbing and heating, and other construction trade personnel.
· Knowledge of residential home construction, and how energy conservation principles apply.
· Computer proficiency, including familiarity with Microsoft Office products (Access, Word, Excel, Outlook) is required.
· Physical exertion required: climbing heights; must be able to lift 75 pounds.
· Must be able to crawl, climb, and otherwise move about in confined spaces
· Ability to work in substandard housing conditions including temperature variations, strong odors, cockroaches, bedbugs, and other pests, and unsanitary housing conditions.
· A valid driver’s license and reliable transportation on a daily basis is required.
- 19 months ago - save job