EnerNOC, a leading provider of demand response and energy efficiency solutions, has an immediate need for an Energy Engineer I to join our world-class Energy Services organization. For individuals with a passion for clean technology and an interest in the challenges of transforming facilities with antiquated systems into smart ones, there is no bigger platform from which to leverage one’s talents than with EnerNOC. The highly proactive, energetic and analytical Energy Engineer I will thrive in delivering detailed energy savings analysis to our end-use customers. This is an exciting role for a motivated individual who is passionate about operational energy efficiency and looking to be part of a small team bringing new state-of-the-art tools and analyses to facility managers nationwide. Explore this opportunity to leverage EnerNOC's technology investment and deliver outstanding results for facilities and for the environment.
Design, develop, or evaluate energy-related projects to reduce energy costs or improve energy efficiency during the design, construction and occupancy phases of a building’s life. Specializing in: heating, ventilation, and air-conditioning (HVAC) systems; green buildings; lighting.
• Conduct jobsite observations, field inspections, or sub-metering to collect data for energy conservation analyses.
• Identify energy savings opportunities and make recommendations to achieve more energy efficient operation.
• Conduct energy audits to evaluate energy use, costs, or conservation measures.
• Conducting energy efficiency analysis of building and facility systems using eQUEST, ePro, spreadsheets, and single line calculations
• Monitor and analyze utility energy consumption including using interval meter data to develop normalized facility baselinesReview architectural, mechanical, or electrical plans and specifications to evaluate energy efficiency or determine economic, service, or engineering feasibility
• Inspect or monitor energy systems, including heating, ventilating, and air conditioning (HVAC) or daylighting systems to determine energy use or potential energy savings.
• Evaluate construction design information such as detail and assembly drawings, design calculations, system layouts and sketches, or specifications
• Performing feasibility analysis, energy savings and financial analysis associated with energy efficiency measures
• Performing and writing pre-functional and functional performance tests for building systems
• Organizing and writing reports
• Working with project managers to present results and responding to feedback and suggestions
• Performing other duties as required
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (mechanical preferred)
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Expertise with Microsoft Excel
• Experience with various energy modeling techniques
• Understanding of HVAC system design, construction
• Passion for energy efficiency and clean energy technology
• Master’s degree in Engineering (mechanical preferred)
• EIT or PE
EnerNOC - 9 months ago
Working Toward a Clean Energy Future!
Charting the future of energy takes a different kind of corporation. EnerNOC is one of the leading...