EnerNOC, a leading provider of demand response and energy efficiency solutions, has an immediate need for an Energy Engineer to join our world-class Energy Services organization. For individuals with a passion for clean technology and an interest in the challenges of transforming facilities with antiquated systems into smart ones, there is no bigger platform from which to leverage one’s talents than with EnerNOC. The highly proactive, energetic and analytical Energy Engineer will thrive in delivering detailed energy savings analysis to our industrial end-use customers. This is an exciting role for a motivated individual who is passionate about industrial energy efficiency and looking to be part of a small team bringing new state-of-the-art tools and analyses to industrial facility managers nationwide. Explore this opportunity to leverage EnerNOC's technology investment and deliver outstanding results for facilities and for the environment.
• Travel to customer locations to meet with potential customers, advise on its energy use and sell implementation services as required by utility programs
• Provide customer service to strengthen existing customer relationships and build new ones, and provide follow-up to resolve outstanding customer issues
• Responsible for all aspects of the project management including customer service and project implementation
• Leveraging analytical tools and energy experience to generate ideas for industrial energy efficiency measures (EEMs) and perform feasibility analysis
• Analyze data and perform all calculations to prepare energy assessment reports, present to customer and submit to utility client along with required documents.
• Developing analytical techniques to describe energy baselines
• Assisting with generating proposals and working on multiple or complex projects
• Compiling related energy savings reports and data sheets as required
• Conducting or assisting with trend analysis associated with the EEM
• Conducting site visits to collect data from facilities
• Contributing to the ongoing development and enhancement of the analytics processes
• Developing new analytical tools and delivering advanced technical training
• Ensuring timely delivery of reports and other deliverables
• Performing QA/QC processes as needed
• Performing other duties as required
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
• Prior experience within the energy sector
• Thorough understanding of industrial systems, energy efficiency, and demand response
• Engineering knowledge such as thermodynamics, fluid dyanamics, heat transfer and mechanics
• Expertise with Excel and various modeling techniques
• Basic skills - strong verbal and written communication skills; analytical capabilities; attention to detail; manage time effectively; handle multiple tasks on a priority basis
• Teamwork – cooperate with all employees, treat others with dignity and respect
• Accountability/initiative – accept responsibility, complete tasks without being asked, follow through
• Judgment/decision making – help analyze problems and develop effective solutions
• Results oriented – deliver required results consistently and achieve goals on time
Resourcefulness/creativity – produce creative solutions to problems, learn from mistakes
• B.S. in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering
• Demonstrated high level of customer service
• Ability to liaise with customers effectively
• Passion for energy efficiency and desire to have a tangible impact on the future growth of EnerNOC
Working Toward a Clean Energy Future!
Charting the future of energy takes a different kind of corporation. EnerNOC is one of the leading...