Howard Community College
Provide an environment within the college buildings that is comfortable, safe, healthy and conducive to teaching, learning and working through the proper and safe operation of the computerized Energy Management System. To support the energy management system in maintaining electronic controls for satisfactory comfort levels to building occupants.
$25.20 per hour. Plus excellent medical insurances, tuition reimbursement and paid leaves.
This position is overtime eligible.
- Minimum of 5 years of operating, installation and repair experience in commercial and industrial energy management systems.
- Must possess good oral and written communication skills and be able to follow oral and written instructions and to express ideas effectively and concisely.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Ability to work within the overall organization of the plant operations department and work with skilled and unskilled personnel, staff and administrators.
- Must possess the technical knowledge and skill to perform minor carpentry work and repairs.
- Advanced knowledge and skill level in control systems; working knowledge and skills in additional functional areas.
- The ability to read and interpret blueprints and systems diagrams.
- Knowledge of building codes, rules and regulations.
- Maintains proficiency at current level of and continually updates knowledge through appropriate courses, seminars, publications and contacts with others in the trade.
- High School Diploma and accredited Trade school or Apprenticeship. .
- Knowledge of Electric, Electronic, Pneumatic and DDC controls.
- Understanding of OSHA Safety Regulations
- Physical strength and stamina to perform heavy physical tasks for long periods.
- Maryland Class D Motor Vehicle Operator’s license.
- A working knowledge of electronic and pneumatic H.V.A.C. controls.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: www.hccjobs.org
- Requires performing regular job functions in an environment, which includes exposure to continuous physical elements or a number of disagreeable working conditions with frequent exposure to minor injuries or health hazards. Work in extremes of noise, temperature and humidity. Work in Mechanical rooms, crawl spaces and tunnels where conditions will be dirty, dusty and sometimes muddy. Work in high places on roofs or ladders and on scaffolds. Work in close proximity to electrical transformers and switcher with high voltage in excess of 13,000 volts.
- Ability to lift 75 lbs ground to waist, lift 40 lbs from floor to overhead, lift 50 lbs and walk 10 feet, and climb ladders.
- The proper use of personal protective clothing and equipment.
Howard Community College is committed to valuing diversity and recognizes the critical role of an educational institution in preparing its students, faculty, and staff to become contributing members of the global community. The Diversity Committee promotes conversation, exchange, and an increased awareness of diversity issues affecting the college community.
“We acknowledge that diversity is more than a concept or philosophy; it is a way of being. Diversity is recognizing, appreciating, respecting, listening to and learning from the unique talents and contributions of all people.”
Copyright ©2012 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
Howard Community College - 2 years ago