Ponderosa Advisors is a boutique advisory firm for the energy, water and agriculture sectors based in Denver, Colorado. The firm leverages state-of-the art databases and analytical tools to develop specialized, cutting-edge advisory services and investment strategies. The team was assembled from across several industries and each member brings with them a unique skill set and extensive industry knowledge.
We’re looking for an Energy Market Analyst to join our team with a strong natural curiosity, the ability to think critically and analyze large datasets. This person will: develop and analyze our natural gas, crude, and NGL datasets and collaborate with the team as we identify and develop investment strategies.
The ideal candidate combines industry experience with an inquisitive, research-driven analytical approach and the ability organize and effectively present research findings. Ponderosa is committed to employing the best available technologies to all parts of our business, so this person must be open to new technologies and analytical approaches. The ability to work effectively on individual projects as well as project
teams is imperative; we are looking for someone to join our close-knit team and help to grow the business.
This person will:
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Analyze energy markets using proprietary and third-party datasets.
- Build production and demand forecasts for North American hydrocarbons
- Take ownership of detailed models for production economics
- Participate in market engagement to advance Ponderosa’s understanding of nuances and recent developments in hydrocarbon demand and production.
- Originate and cultivate long-term client relationships
- Build proprietary datasets and models.
- Work on collaborative teams engaged in both long-term and short-term client engagements.
- Build and present research findings in both formal presentations to clients and published white papers
- Speak on behalf of Ponderosa Advisors at conferences, investor meetings, and other industry events
- BA/BS, MS/MBA in a related field
- 1-3 years of experience in the Natural Gas, Crude or NGL markets, preferably
with exposure to the commercial and operational/engineering sides of the business.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, especially PowerPoint and Excel.
MatLab and financial modeling experience are not required but are valued for this role.
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills
- Highly self-motivated, analytical and able to prioritize and deliver projects on time.
Ponderosa Advisors - 19 months ago