A Seattle based MEP (Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing) engineering and sustainability consulting firm is seeking a dynamic, self-driven Energy Modeler to join our Mechanical Engineering Department. Our firm is founded on the principles that a multi-disciplinary approach is critical in evaluating building performance from a whole-building perspective.
This individual will be part of an integrated team performing energy modeling analysis. We are looking for a team member who can function independently, collaborate on a team level, manage multiple assignments, and contribute to the growth of the company.
· - Building envelope compliance calculations.
· - Building energy code compliance modeling calculations.
· - Energy analysis using eQUEST and Excel spreadsheet calculations.
· - Collaborate with other energy modelers and engineers.
· - Energy auditing responsibilities including field measurements and site audits.
· - Collaborative approach to problem solving and personal interactions.
· - Assign tasks to project team members, receive assignments, and share energy simulation technical expertise.
· - Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering desired.
· - Prefer 3+ years experience in LEED Energy simulation using eQuest.
· - Working knowledge of ASHRAE 90.1, local energy code, and local utility incentives.
· - Experienced with both Microsoft Office and AutoCAD.
· - Demonstrated leadership skills with the desire for career growth.
· - Excellent organizational skills.
· - Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· - Demonstrated success managing client relationships, staff, and projects.
· - Experience in sustainable design / LEED AP is desired, but not required.
Recruitics - 7 months ago