7078-Energy Resource Engineer
Energy Resource Engineer I
Locates new wind farm sites and
determines the energy output of wind farm projects.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Sets up a project and produces a layout and energy yield.
- Perform energy calculations using in-house wind flow modeling
software to verify turbine suitability and energy yield.
- Completes wind farm layout design using AutoCAD design.
- Prospects new site using GIS. Prospect for sites using
ArcGIS. Reviews wind maps and transmission lines to determine
potential new sites utilizing the software.
- Completes statistical analysis using MS Excel.
- Tool creation using VBA macros and/or .NET programming language
to automate tasks and programs.
- Provides technical support to the Development and Construction
groups to create maps and energy yields for development and
modeling of turbine layouts for construction. Provide
in-house subject matter expertise (SME) on in-house needs.
I.e.translating and mapping coordinates, developing simple
- Provide technical writing for internal and external clients
including RFP's AWEA and grant submissions.
- Travels to project sites under development to determine mast
locations, reviews turbine locations (micro-sighting) for
construction support confirming constructability.
- Interacts with developers under some supervision.
- Prepares reports for approval.
- Creates and maintains SQL databases consisting of a variety of
- Designs/develops new tools to increase efficiency that brings
value to the Company.
- Follows safety and security procedures and determines
appropriate action. Reports potentially unsafe conditions and
uses materials and equipment properly.
- Strong Microsoft office skills
- Advanced Excel skills
- Strong GIS experience
- Basic AutoCAD experience
- Strong Visual Basic, C++ or C# programming
- Detail oriented
- Ability to learn independently
- Ability to travel on short notice, to work alone in an outdoor
environment in remote locations.
- Ability to work professionally with clients, vendors,
employees, managers and supervisors.
Physical requirements and environment:
- Fluent in Spanish and/or French strongly desired.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering discipline or eight years
- No prior work experience required.
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are
representative of those the employee encounters while performing
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
Performs primarily sedentary office duties with occasional
travel to other Company offices or construction sites.
Incumbent may occasionally lift up to 10 pounds and may be required
to sit, stand, walk and use a computer.
Construction site environment includes early stage permitting,
development and auditing through finished roads and features.
Extensive travel with driving to remote sites along with office
work in field conditions is also included.
Renewable Energy Systems Ltd. - 12 months ago