As the first municipal consumer protection agency in the country, the New York City Department of Consumer Affairs (DCA) has ensured that businesses and consumers benefit from a fair and vibrant marketplace for over 40 years. Today, DCA regulates 55 industries and licenses and inspects almost 80,000 businesses throughout the five boroughs. The Department enforces the City’s landmark Consumer Protection Law and related City and State laws; mediates thousands of consumer complaints; and prosecutes law-breaking businesses through our Administrative Tribunal.
DCA is committed to educating, empowering, and protecting consumers; holding businesses to high standards of marketplace behavior; and achieving excellence in the delivery of innovative agency programs and services. As a small Agency with a big mission, every staff member at DCA plays a critical role in ensuring success.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Coordinate, maintain and schedule special inspections, projects, and reports.
• Process and maintain paperwork for special assignments to facilitate inspections.
• Retrieve all requests for Scale Inspections from DCA Website as needed.
• Performs confidential assignments and other personnel related duties of a highly sensitive nature.
• Maintain data and provide reporting as needed.
• Manage and research Corrections for Scale Inspections as needed.
• Maintain communications relating to the workflow between clerical staff and other divisions.
• Maintain all correspondence- Enforcement Hotline, Enforcement Mail.
• Manage intra and inter divisional communications.
• Track information on spreadsheets, maintain data/files and provide reports as needed for special assignments (Padlocks, Confiscated Licenses, LD6s) as needed.
• Attend operational meeting as needed.
• Make copies, send faxes and correspond in e-mail
• Requisition supplies, when needed.
• Organize and distribute various information as directed.
• Types correspondence, memoranda, and reports.
Minimum Qual Requirements
1. High school graduation or equivalent and three years of experience in community work or community centered activities in an area related to duties described above; or
2. Education and/or experience which is equivalent to "1" above.
• Computer literate (MS Word, Excel & Outlook);
• Professional demeanor;
• Strong oral and communication skills;
• Fluency in a language in addition to English a plus;
• Respectful and professional demeanor in diverse contexts.
Click "Apply Now" button.
A RESUME AND COVER LETTER ARE REQUIRED.
INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
PLEASE INDICATE IN YOUR COVER LETTER HOW YOU HEARD ABOUT THIS POSITION.
NO PHONE CALLS, FAXES, E-MAILS OR PERSONAL INQUIRIES PERMITTED.
NOTE: ONLY THOSE CANDIDATES UNDER CONSIDERATION WILL BE CONTACTED.
DCA and the City of New York is an Equal Opportunity Employer
9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
New York City residency is generally required within 90 days of appointment. However, City Employees in certain titles who have worked for the City for 2 continuous years may also be eligible to reside in Nassau, Suffolk, Putnam, Westchester, Rockland, or Orange County. To determine if the residency requirement applies to you, please discuss with the agency representative at the time of interview.
NYC Careers - 30+ days ago
copy to clipboard -
SOCAPS is a craftsmen cooperative that provides industrial customers (machinery builders, wholesalers, or end-users) in several industries -...