Job Title: Engagement Lead
Location: Los Angeles or New York
We’re seeking an Engagement Lead with excellent communication, analytical, relationship building and account management skills. In this role, we need the candidate to be naturally curious and have a passion for understanding human behavior. A high level of motivation and excellent communication skills are required to manage an incredibly diverse slate of work, clients, and team personalities. Flexibility to work on multiple projects, a natural aptitude for organization, and deadline-driven deliverable creation are equally important in this fast-paced environment. We are looking for someone who is able to deliver amidst the dynamic nature of workload and pace inherent in a client service business.
- Candidate must be able to effectively manage the following:
- Be the first point of contact for clients on projects, seamlessly tapping experts at the right times,
- Maintain organization and timelines among the internal team (with the ability and desire to learn how to manage both "up" and "down"),
- Ensure all engagements are tracking to and meet profitability targets. Manage all project resources, including costs, people and time.
- Problem solve logistical and client management issues and adjust on the fly.
- Maintain a collaborative, motivated environment on a project team during successful and challenging points in the process.
- Take the lead on conducting project post-mortems and apply lessons to future engagements.
- Demonstrate significant progress towards being able to run project workstreams independently, minimizing the need for senior partner involvement.
- Simultaneously serve as a first point of client and strategic client contact. Understand when/how to loop in senior leads early to tackle larger issues.
- Contribute to full presentations alongside senior partners, help clients think through strategic implications of research, and ensure feedback is integrated into each stage of the engagement process.
- Offer informed perspective about client brand and category trends. When required, gain technical or specific knowledge that is crucial to clients’ business.
- Look for ways to expand and grow client relationships and take responsibility for existing clients meeting/exceeding annual goals./
- Travel approximately 25% of the time.
- Participate and drive the creation of deliverables that not only address engagement objectives but have a clear storyline. Deliverables should say something meaningful for clients and be filled with insights, recommendations, and analyses that will exceed their expectations.
- With methodological input from senior researchers, create proposals that are client ready.
- With direction and framework from senior researchers, analyze, own and complete sections of reports.
- Work with qualitative and quantitative data to extract key areas of insight and value for clients – and build strategic business implications and solutions from them.
How to Apply:
- 3-7 years of experience in a relevant role. The ideal candidate has recent experience with a leading marketing, strategy, or consumer insights agency.
- Strong analytical skills with a proven ability to make connections and influence thinking.
- Driven by an urge to try new things and identify efficiencies
- Ability to operate independently and multitask.
- Ability to build strong relationships at all organization levels.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with planning and running global engagements.
- Excellent PPT and Excel skills, exposure to SPSS is a plus
- Knowledge of Adobe Illustrator and InDesign a plus, but not required.
- Knowledge of retail, CPG, and pharmaceutical/medical industries is a plus.
- Experience working with global brands and organization is a plus.
Our best asset is our staff. We only hire the most motivated, collaborative, curious, and insightful people. Only those up for a challenge and desiring a real commitment to their workplace should apply. Kelton offers full benefits, including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k).
To be considered for this position, please send your WORD or PDF resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Engagement Lead” in the subject line.
Kelton Research - 23 months ago