Job Function: CommunicationsBusiness Unit GroupAlcoa Corporate
Job Status: Full-Time
Relocation Eligible: Negotiable
The Alcoa Foundation is looking for an Engagement Manager at our global headquarters on Park Avenue in New York City. The Engagement Manager will report to the President of the Alcoa Foundation. The position will be a key partner with other Foundation team members, corporate communications and community leaders.
This position is responsible for the following functions:
- Shaping and implementing Alcoa Foundation's global volunteer initiatives - aligned with our overall Foundation strategy - to produce meaningful and sustainable outcomes in the communities where we live and work.
- Maximize involvement of employees and retirees through innovative programming, rewards and communication
- Building a sense of unity within the organization and connecting Alcoa to its external stakeholders.
- Strengthening the reputation of Alcoa as a world leader in volunteerism and corporate social responsibility.
- Coordinating all volunteer efforts with Alcoa community and communications leaders around the world.
- Initiating and maintaining relationships with key nonprofit partners that can advance our goals.
- Providing communications updates to Foundation Board and Alcoa Executive Council
- Mining best practices in volunteerism.
- Measuring and reporting impacts.
- Representing the Foundation at industry events.
- Working with the Communications manager to develop programming and materials that bolster employee and retiree engagement, reach external stakeholders and increase publicity in the media.
- Advising grant makers on opportunities for employee engagement with current and potential nonprofit partners
- Experience and expertise in Project Management
- Experience with program design, metrics, outcomes and evaluation
- Excellent communications and strategic skills
- Experience in an international corporate setting and stakeholder management
- Experience developing large scale worldwide relationships and managing sustained relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Knowledge of nonprofits in the areas of volunteerism, environment, education, workforce development
- Broad business knowledge (portfolio, sector, competitor) and a strong strategic orientation
- Bachelor of Arts Degree
- Minimum of 5 years experience in community relations, particularly with an international company
- Experience in Communications and Public Relations
- Expertise in project management
- Worked with diverse cultures and corporate settings
- Experience with international nonprofit organizations
CareerBuilder - 2 years ago
While many of its aluminum products may be lightweight, Alcoa is anything but. The company is among the world's top producers of...