Collaborate with the Pomeroy sales team to qualify and win new managed service business. Responsible for designing and pricing customized service solutions, preparing written responses to Request for Proposals (RFP’s), assist in writing Statements of Work, and working with the Pomeroy Transition team after winning new business. This person will be responsible for developing solutions to address customer needs within the Infrastructure Outsourcing marketplace (Service Desk, Desktop Support, Remote Monitoring and Management, and Data Center).
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to this position.
• Build relationships with key Solution Design personnel within Alliance partners
• Develop and maintain understanding of Alliance partner bidding and negotiating approach
• Manage the end to end process of solution development, pricing, and proposal response after sales discovers a new opportunity
• Develop and document service solutions aligned to partners needs
• Develops and delivers supporting documentation and presentations
• Write narrative responses as required for RFP’s
• Completes SOW and other contract documentation
• Utilize price models to develop pricing
• Create/maintain proposal boilerplate material
• Assist sales person qualify opportunities (when requested)
• Conduct a discovery call (when requested)
• Conduct internal executive review calls
• Approve final proposal
• Ability to travel outside of base location. Might require over night stay away from base location.
Physical and Mental Demands
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by employees to successfully perform the essential functions of this class. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, employees are regularly required to sit; talk or hear, in person and by multi-media; use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate standard office equipment; and reach with hands and arms. Employees are frequently required to walk, stand and move about to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another. Must have ability to ascend and descend stairs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this class, employees are regularly required to effectively use written and oral communication skills; read and interpret data, information and documents; analyze and solve problems; use math and mathematical reasoning; learn and apply new skills and information; perform highly detailed work on multiple, concurrent tasks; and interact with Pomeroy employees, Clients and Vendors. Specific incumbent must maintain composure in a fast paced, high quality environment where personal and team accountabilities are the defining factors.
General office environment
Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing and walking for up to 10% of the time. Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required:
• Strong IT background with 5+ years experience in solution design and financial modeling.
• Involved in developing, modifying, and executing solution design strategies.
• Strong understanding of Service Desk, Desktop Support, Remote Monitoring and Management, and Datacenter services.
• Regularly interact with sales and solution development personnel outside of employeer.
• Able to develop and maintain strong relationships with both internal and external customers.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent work standards and highly motivated.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills (interpersonal and client-facing) .
• Bachelors’ degree in Business Administration, Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent experience.
• Ability to work comfortably and credibly with clients at the senior management level.
• Strong understanding of information systems, business processes, key drivers and measure for success for the business and short and long term direction of the business and technology.
• Experience in consulting or similar role.
• Program management experience a plus.
• Strong knowledge of best practice business process.
• Hands-on-skills to lead and manage the business.
• Must have strong interpersonal skills.
• Ability to manage across the organization.
• Ability to travel up to 25% of the time.
Many a PC passes through the hands of Pomeroy IT Solutions. The company resells and services computers, networking equipment, and software...