Florida Virtual School is changing the face of education. Our student-centric approach means that every member of our team—no matter the position or job responsibilities—has the opportunity to positively impact the education of students in our program. Every job here has a greater purpose and influence than those in traditional organizations. We are proud of our team and to continue our mission in delivering high quality, technology-based education that provides the skills and knowledge students need for success in the 21st century, we look to hire only the best.
Headquartered in Orlando, Florida, Florida Virtual School (FLVS) is the leader in developing and providing virtual K-12 education solutions throughout the United States and the world. FLVS offers more than 100 courses, including core subjects, world languages, electives, honors and Advanced Placement courses. Enrollment is open to public, private, and home school students. FLVS has over 1,300 staff members and serves over 90,000 active students.
Florida Virtual School’s total rewards package offers much more than just a pay check! Exposure to cutting-edge technology development/application, world class business development initiatives and career advancement opportunities only add to our comprehensive benefits package that includes employer paid medical, dental, vision, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, short and long term disability, educational assistance and paid time off. Additionally, Florida Virtual School is a member of the Florida Retirement System offering pension/investment retirement plans. These benefits often add a value of several thousands of dollars to the total compensation package!
The Engagement Writer is responsible for creating engaging content for FLVS curriculum. The Engagement Writer will evaluate and analyze the target audience to better understand their motivations and desires in order to develop course lesson and elements that drive student engagement and performance to defined learning outcomes.
- Bachelor’s Degree; or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience
- Two years writing experience for advertising, websites, editorial or PR
- Experience creating engaging, witty or entertaining content
- Experience using style guide parameters for writing content
- Experience brainstorming concepts for marketing, editorial, gaming, websites, etc.
Primary responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
(These essential functions are not to be construed as a complete statement of all duties performed. Employees will be required to perform other job related duties as required.)
- Write lesson copy that engages students in the work
- Edit the work of content expert writers to simplify, clarify and entertain the reader
- Develop ideas for multimedia course elements including video, animation, etc.
- Work with designers to direct production of audio/video elements
- Present ideas to curriculum team
- Mentor content writers in connecting with reader, understanding audience, tone of voice, etc.
- Keep abreast of the latest trends in student life, language and culture
- Meet professional obligations through efficient work habits such as, meeting deadlines, honoring schedules, coordinating resources and meetings in an effective and timely manner, and demonstrate respect for others
- All work responsibilities are subject to having performance goals and/or targets established
Florida Virtual School - 18 months ago