Job Title: |
Engine Manning Manager
Area of Interest:
Carnival Cruise Lines (“CCL”) is a branded division within Carnival Corporation, a publicly traded company founded in 1972 and headquartered in Miami. Carnival Corporation has over 90,000 employees worldwide operating 100 ships and produces over $15 billion in revenues. At any given time, there are over 270,000 people cruising with Carnival. Carnival Corporation owns a number of different cruise lines and has become the largest corporation in the cruise industry. Carnival’s portfolio of 10 leading cruise brands includes Carnival Cruise Lines, Princess Cruises, Holland America Line, and Seabourn in North America; P&O Cruises and Cunard Line in the United Kingdom; AIDA in Germany; Costa Cruises in southern Europe; Iberocruceros in Spain, and P&O Cruises in Australia.
• Scheduling of officers.
• Assist as necessary with all scheduling and team member logistics.
• Engine Officers scheduling: Verify actual positions against budget, make sure all positions are covered; produce schedule list for future sign on; provide plans and dates for return sign on.
• Coordinate with the person responsible for certification and licenses to ensure new and returning personnel are in compliance IMO certification requirements, before sign on.
• New officers scheduling, co-ordinate with the person in charge of recruiting for requirements of new officers; follow up applications and interview results for final assignment decision, continue follow up with the officer as above.
• Follow up on Engine officer's evaluations and promotions.
• Fleet movement adjustment: As scheduling is done in advance, there is a need to respond to actual changes; adjust shortage or overage through the fleet as necessary.
• Communicate with shipboard management on relevant issues.
• Communicate with port offices.
• Communicate with government officials and company approved physicians as well as manning agencies.
• Act as "manager on duty" for shipboard human resources administration. As needed.
• Other duties and special projects assigned by management
• Must possess excellent organizational skills, English verbal/written communication and the ability to work effectively in a multi-tasked, fast paced environment. Detail oriented and flexible to work additional hours when implementation of projects are scheduled. Ability to ensure compliance with all regulatory guidelines.
• Other duties and special projects as assigned by the Director.
• Minimum High School graduate
• Marine Technical education (Chief Engineer/2nd Engineer license or Master/Chief Mate License)
• Extensive technical knowhow and shipboard experience.
• Prior Management experience.
• Personnel Management skills.
• Ability to co-ordinate activities.
• Ability to work as part of a team.
• Strong computer knowledge.
Benefits as a member of Carnival's Team:
• A comprehensive healthcare program, dental coverage and flexible spending accounts
• Company-paid term life insurance and long term disability coverage, employee-paid optional life insurance and other voluntary insurance programs
• A 401(k) plan that includes up to a 3% company match after one year of service and a discretionary Profit Sharing contribution in your second year of eligible employment
• Tuition Reimbursement is provided for company related professional career development
• An on-site Space Coast Credit Union satellite office, cafeteria and free parking
• Employee Stock Purchase plan that provides up to a 15% discount off the Fair Market Value of Carnival Corporation Common Stock
• Paid vacation and sick time
• An on-site fully accredited child development center
• An on-site Health & Wellness Center that provides a full range of activities
• Two complimentary “Fun Ship” cruises a year (based on available space and seniority) as well as discounted rates to friends and family in addition to other discounts to local and neighborhood vendors
Carnival Cruise Lines - 13 months ago
Carnival is "The World's Most Popular Cruise Line®", with 23 ships operating three to 17 day voyages to The Bahamas,...