Mitsubishi Electric Automation, Inc. (MEAU) is seeking a Senior Application Engineer to execute engineering tasks and lead development activities when required to complete projects in the Engineering Group.
The tasks include, but are not limit to:
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrating technical expertise in project execution
- Developing solutions that satisfy Americas markets requirements
- Executing engineering projects effectively and efficiently to meet project timing and budget requirements
- Supporting customer projects on site when required
- Conducting technology transfer classes and workshops
- Working with Third Party Collaboration partners to enhance total solution capabilities (vision, sensing, motion, networking, software, etc.)
- Collaborating with NADC (North American Development Center) to communicate the North American market technical requirements for hardware and software products
- Interacting with MELCO development resources on joint projects when required
- Execute development activities to project plan;
- Develop product migration / conversion solutions and strategy;
- Provide technical support to customers, projects, and MEAU personnel on all Mitsubishi products and solutions
- Implement technical projects at customer site
- Provide engineering design services when required
- Maintain technical documents and documentation on MEAU products and solutions
- Investigate new technologies and solutions to help expand MEAU customer base and satisfy MEAU strategic plan;
- Research competitive technologies in order to develop alternative technical solutions;
- Provide technical training and educate other MEAU engineers on new technologies and solutions developed;
- Develop integrated solutions with MEAU strategic partners and competitor products when required;
- Conduct product and application testing / simulation;
- Providing technical support to MEAU customer projects when necessary
- Work with Marketing and Sales organizations to gather market requirements and Identify technical gaps and propose new project activities;
- Participate in key industry organization technical committees when required;
- Perform other job functions as assigned
Essential Education, Skills and Experience
- Up to 30% travel is required â€“ Domestic and International
Beneficial Education, Skills and Experience
- BS or higher degree in Electrical, Industrial, or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience
- 6+ years of experience in engineering development and application development of complex computer or PLC-based industrial automation systems.
- Strong experience in PLC software development using Ladder Logic and other IEC-61131 programming languages is required.
- Experience with high-level language programming is beneficial.
- Experience specifying factory automation solutions in Automotive and/or other vertical markets.
- Ability to work with a team of engineers and make technical decisions
- Clear understanding of the system cost ramifications of design trade-offs, component selection, manufacturing techniques, design techniques, and test and qualification procedures.
- Excellent written & verbal communications skills.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Strong background in PLCs, VFDs, HMIs, Motion Control and networking
- Knowledge and experience in process control and IEC 1131 programming standards
- Some experience with PC hardware and software required with specific experience in industrial applications
- Proficiency in MS, SQL and MS Project
- C++ and Visual Basic programming knowledge
- Ability to discuss customer application requirements on phone or in person
We offer a business casual environment along with an excellent benefits and compensation package including 401(k) and tuition reimbursement.
To find out more about our Company, please visit us at www.meau.com
Mitsubishi Electric Automation - 5 months ago