Work as a software developer and maintain software in LTE development infrastructure.
Main Responsibility Area
Individual contributions in the area of software development and programming. Plans, designs and executes items in own area. Contributes to specification/requirements reviews. Participates in user interaction design, user interface design, usability studies and estimation in own area. Is responsible for sharing knowledge in his/her expertise area. Gives input to process development. Performs problem isolation and resolution.
Applies knowledge and experience to determine root cause.
The candidate will be responsible for development activities within LTE development infrastructure. This will encompass prototyping, definition and analysis of requirements, high level design, low level design, modeling, unit testing and integration testing. Following the completion of software development activities, support of System Verification and defect repair activities is expected therefore good debugging skills are a must. Testing of written code will encompass simulation test creation and optimization to verify and validate functionality and to increase the test coverage of the different modules being worked on. The qualified candidate needs to be proficient in C/C++/Java and have experience in embedded real-time development (background in platform, transport and fault management), have knowledge of LTE infrastructure and the ability to disseminate technical detail provided in requirements/design documents. The candidate should have good written and oral communications skills, good organization and process skills and have the ability to work in a fast paced development environment (knowledge of Agile/Scrum development methodology a plus).
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
TYPE OF KNOWLEDGE BASE PREFERRED
- Strong ‘C’, ‘C++’ and Java skills in embedded systems, e.g., complex computational algorithm design and implementation.
- Strong knowledge in real time operating systems
- Knowledge of Agile/Scrum development lifecycles and tools
- Excellent problem solving and debugging skills
- Knowledge of typical CPU architectures and tool chain
- Background in platform, transport and fault management development
- Self motivated and proactive thinking
- Ability to work well independently and within a team
- Good communication skills, ability to build working relationships with engineers within and outside of the department.
- Motivated by technical challenges, with a strong desire to deliver quality products on time
- Good written and oral communications skills with excellent interpersonal and presentation skills.
Nokia Siemens Networks - 14 months ago
Nokia Siemens Networks is a European company, provider of data networking and telecommunications equipment. It is a joint venture between...