Under the direction of the Operations Manager, the Process Engineer provides process-engineering support to plant operations to ensure process optimization.
- Develop standard operating procedures and process control plans.
- Recommends operational/control changes.
- Collate data, establish process correlations, and develop process flow sheets for capital projects.
- Provide information to the Production Manager to ensure maximum process equipment capacity usage through continuous monitoring and improvement of process control parameters.
- Must comply with company safety rules and regulations and wear proper safety equipment while on plant grounds.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
- Frequent sitting, standing, and walking.
- Some exposure to dust, noise, and extreme temperatures.
- 1-5 years progressive experience within the heavy industrial manufacturing firm.
Cement Plant Operations
- Previous cement process experience is a plus. Previous continuous process, bulk-material handling operation experience may also be considered beneficial.
- Must possess at least a basic understanding of raw geologic materials (i.e. limestone, clay, sand, iron ore etc.), a basic understanding of their chemical composition, and a familiarity with the crushing, grinding , blending, kiln processing, cooling, and conveyance (i.e. belts, stackers, pneumatics) of those materials.