This position will be filled as an Engineer I, II, III or Sr depending on the qualification level of the applicant.
- Model power systems using various software applications (ASPEN OneLiner, ASPEN Constants, Electric Transient Analyzer Program (ETAP), ElectroMagnetic Transients Program (EMTP), Hypersim).
- Develop relay settings for substation protective relays. This includes performing fault studies and developing relay settings for transmission protection equipment related to capital projects and asset maintenance projects.
- Provide technical support and expertise in response to operational requests from field personnel. This includes after hour on call expectations.
- Support and participate in project scoping activities for substation projects.
- Oversee, review and approve settings developed by professional consultant engineers. This includes awarding projects to contractors and reviewing invoices.
- Support protection standard development and implementation as required.
- Support development of Remote Terminal Unit (RTU) Configurations.
- Lead and develop less experienced personnel; Develop departmental guidelines and tools and provide training as needed.
- Investigate impact of relay firmware and software changes to Entergy system applications. Develop and update templates as appropriate.
- Update group databases such as power line carrier frequency database and transmission line rating database.
- Manage documentation via Documentum for Transmission System Protection and other records according to company and departmental policies.
- Research into and implement Smartgrid in Entergy system. Establish and improve the relay testing laboratory. Develop relay test plans.
- Lead better application development geared toward fault studies and relay settings.
- Lead or participate in Entergy Continuous Improvement projects.
- Support project schedules and processes by using activity tracking applications such as Primavera and Remedy.
- Lead activities pertaining to SERC/NERC standards compliance and other utility relations as required
Please submit a detailed resume in your application.
Final title and salary offer will be based on the experiences and qualifications of the preferred candidate.
Years of qualified experience:
Engineer I - Zero (0) to Two (2) years of applicable and progressive experience.
Engineer II - Two (2) to Four (4) years of applicable and progressive experience. Engineer III - Four (4) to Six (6) years of applicable and progressive experience.
Sr. Engineer - 6+ years of applicable and progressive experience.
- BS Engineering Degree, Electrical Engineer Preferred.
- Demonstrates good engineering judgment
- Strong engineering analysis and problem solving skills as required by the specific job
- Thorough understanding of procedures, programs, and standards in responsible area
Without Master's Degree With Master's Degree
Engineer I 0-2 Engineer I 0-1
Engineer II 2-4 Engineer II 1-3
Engineer III 4-6 Engineer III 3-5
Sr. Engineer 6+ Sr. Engineer 5+
- Four years performing functions in protective relay settings STRONGLY preferred
- Experience in power system planning, operations, maintenance, and relay design STRONGLY preferred
- Familiarity with NERC protection and Planning standards and relevant compliances subjects STRONGLY preferred
- In-depth knowledge of procedures, programs, and standards in responsible area
- Strong computer skills
- Familiarity with ASPEN and Schweitzer relay settings programs desired
- Willingness to learn
- Ability to tackle sophisticated problems
- Strong communication skills and people skills
- Strong desire to exceed customer expectations
- Pride in personal and team performance
- Results oriented
- Performance driven
- Interest and passion in protective relaying
As a provider of essential services, Entergy expects its employees to be available to work additional hours, to work in alternate locations, and/or to perform additional duties in connection with storms, outages, emergencies, or other situations as deemed necessary by the company.
Exempt employees may not be paid overtime associated with such duties.
Number of Openings
Relocation is APPROVED in accordance with the Entergy guidelines.
Job Closure Date
For consideration, please submit a detailed resume to www.entergy.com/careers by the closing date or earlier as closing dates may change based on the volume of applicants.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Entergy Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not condone or tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, or sexual orientation. Entergy promotes the development of all employees and encourages each individual to achieve as much success as their talents and initiative will allow.