About Cyclotrons and Chemistry Solutions
PET imaging requires radiopharmaceuticals, most of which are made the same day as the patient is imaged. This establishes a requirement for the ability to produce isotopes and bind them to biomarkers, in every city where PET scanners are available, reliably, five or six days out of the week. Cyclotrons and Chemistry Solutions R&D develops and improves the Eclipse 11 MeV cyclotron and the Explora family of chemistry synthesis modules. We recently shipped our 200th Eclipse cyclotron. Our motto is “PET starts here,” which is an acknowledgement of the high standards we must maintain.
About the position
CCS R&D has an immediate need for a highly experienced electromechanical engineer. This engineer will apply appropriate skills to design, test and transfer to manufacturing key systems in new particle accelerator designs, including shields, vacuum systems, targets, controls and sensors in addition to high voltage/high power RF and DC power supplies.
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- Serve as a leading member of a small team of developers. Capably execute tasks with minimal supervision, often in collaboration with team members and indirect stakeholders.
- Carry out engineering development from concept and feasibility, through detailing and testing, to release and manufacturing transition, and support that design during manufacturing. Examples of tasks which might be necessary include:
- Identify a new approach to sensors for safety interlocks
- Improve the motion control on the rotary target changer
- Design, implement and test motion control moving massive objects short distances to permit maintenance access.
- Make substantial contributions to writing and executing formal test procedures for the cyclotron.
- Support Customer Service in determining appropriate adjustments to maintenance procedures for an existing system of the accelerator.
- The engineer in this position will be required to collaborate within an R&D team spanning many disciplines, and with a wide range of functions across the business unit.
- Work at both the systems level and deep in the details of the systems which comprise a particle accelerator.
- Collaborate with related activities within Siemens to assure top quality user documentation, training content and related information for our customers.
- M.S. in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering required.
- At least fifteen years of experience working in deign of laboratory instruments, motion control, electromechanical design, and relevant topics.
- Demonstrated ability to execute all elements of a complete task with a defined outcome including technology development, detailed design, testing, documentation, and design to cost.
- Significant experience with CAD tools such as SolidWorks or NX.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Willing to accept challenges and responsibilities; can do attitude.
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Flexibility and adaptability to contribute to the success of a small team in a demanding environment.
- Track record of working in a team. Ability to work independently and prioritize work.
- Project management experience a plus: each member of the R&D team must contribute to project management.
Siemens - 13 months ago
Siemens AG (Siemens) is engaged in electronics and electrical engineering. During the fiscal year ended September 30, 2008 (fiscal 2008), th...