JOB DESCRIPTION: Sr. Process Control Engineer
The Sr. Process Control Engineer will have primary responsibility for installing and maintaining all process control systems including computer control systems and scanners at the Pine Bluff Paper Mill. Responsibilities include: programming systems to meet the needs of the department; tuning process loops to optimize processes; evaluating and recommending improvements in process control strategies; working with operators to insure end-user proficiency in use of process control systems.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES: Job functions include, but are not limited to the following
- This position will be actively designing, developing, installing, managing and maintaining essential equipment used to monitor and control machinery and processes, ensuring safe and efficient operations.
- Creating strategies and standards related to all aspects of the control system platform; these include, but are not limited to DCS, PLC, control logic programming, data acquisition, control room and control panel arrangement /equipment layout
- Developing project plans and working collaboratively with design and operations engineers, IT and other staff members
- Acting as a liaison between internal personnel, suppliers and contractors
- Acting as Project Manager/Overseer and keeping projects within design, cost and time expectations
- Maintaining and modifying existing control systems
- Eight (8) years’ experience in Process Control.
- Experience with Distributed Control Systems (DCS) and Programmable Logic Control Systems (PLC).
- Experience with instrumentation and electrical systems associated with Process Control Systems.
- Manage department projects associated with re-instrumentation and DCS/PLC installations. Experience in supporting operations group on a day to day basis.
EDUCATION / KNOWLEDGE:
- BS in Electrical, Chemical, or Computer Engineering.
- DSC experience with Honeywell TDC or Experion.
Graphic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, sex, age, religion, natural origin, sexual orientation, citizenship, handicap, or disability, marital status, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Ever toted a 12-pack home? If so, you can appreciate Graphic Packaging Holding Company's (GPHC) work. Operating subsidiary Graphic...