Posting Job Title: Engineer, Wireless
Requisition #: 143422BR
Posting Location: Herndon, VA, US
Area of Interest: Information Technology Services
Position Type: Full Time
Posting Job Description
The Time Warner Cable Corporate office currently seeks an Engineer for our Wireless Engineering Department. Below please find a brief description of the essential duties and responsibilities required to function successfully in this position.
Essential Job Functions:
Provide RF design and Quality Control (QC) verification support for market deployment of carrier class WiFi network. Interface with RF design vendor partner in reviewing and approving RF designs and post deployment QC reports. Define RF design parameters and select appropriate AP model based on deployment location and type. Provide engineering and product support to deployment teams. Evaluate and optimize RF network, recommend RF solution to improve network performance. Should have good understanding of various FCC regulations.
- RF planning, design testing for Outdoor and indoor Wi-Fi
- Link Budget calculation for different bearer services, antenna selection, interference analysis using RF planning tools for sites planned as per the RF design.
- Support the nominal planning, candidate selection and site surveys up to site acceptance
- Calculate and determine network impact for coverage and capacity expansions
- Capturing traffic and coverage needs as per the requirements with given GoS.
- Providing Engineering Support & Product Support to implementation team Evaluate (walk) test data to identify performance areas
- Recommend RF solutions and recommend changes to improve network performance
- Should be able guide regional teams with corporate design objectives.
Education and Experience:
- Solid technical understanding of the various wireless technologies (i.e., CDMA, UMTS, HSPA, WiMax, LTE & WiFi) standards
- Bachelor degree (technical/telecommunications)
- A minimum of 5 years relevant working experience in the RF planning field
- Specialized in Indoor and outdoor RF Planning and Optimization
- Familiar with RF planning and roll-out process
- Experiences in RF hardware configurations and system updates / upgrades Knowledge of using tools e.g. Atoll, Mapinfo, LANPlanner, MeshPlanner etc Experience with performance tools like X-CAL, X-Cap, TEMS etc.
- Strong analytical skills to determine radio network impact in changing environments
- Works independent, but is also a team player
- Responsible, Service minded, flexible, taking initiatives
- Result oriented and customer focused
- Process oriented and quality driven
Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) from four-year college or university; or equivalent training, education and experience.
Lead: Assigns, trains, schedules or oversees work of others.
Travel 15 -20 %
The physical demands for this position are typical to an office environment and must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Time Warner Cable offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, tuition reimbursement, and a pension plan. Qualified candidates should apply online at www.timewarnercable.com. EOE/M/F/D/V
FCC Unit_TWC: HQ452
Controlling Establishment ID: 00236 - Herndon 13820 Sunrise Valley
Time Warner Cable - 30+ days ago
Time Warner Cable (TWC) makes coaxial quiver. The company is the #2 US cable company, after Comcast, with operations in 28 states. Its core...