Description/Job Summary Performs a variety of engineering work in designing, planning and overseeing electrical systems. Responsible for troubleshooting process equipment as directed. Responsible for engineering to maintain and improve the efficiency and reliability of the refining
process equipment. Designs, justifies, plans, coordinates and executes plant improvements/upgrades as directed.
- Design, develop, and test electrical distribution systems, load centers, etc.
- Perform electrical studies (load-flow, arc-flash, short-circuit, coordination, etc.) and specify electrical equipment (transformers, switchgear, motors, VFD’s, MCCs, etc.).
- Identify, analyze and offer solutions to address system needs of the plant.
- Prepare electrical drawings and specifications.
- Manage project schedules and budgets, and obtain permits for operations.
- Ensure compliance with safety requirements and standards procedures.
- Working with purchasing, prepare requests for proposals and vendor specifications and evaluate bids.
- Ability to work with various members of engineering, maintenance and health & safety.
- Advise on code compliance.
- Lead and advise the work of contractors.
- A minimum of five years of experience in an industrial environment
- Plant experience in electrical generation and distribution for both power and process plants
- Strong verbal and written skills required
- Experience supervising mechanical, electrical, or other skilled personnel is required
- Experience using AutoCAD and MS Office is required
- Familiarity with frequency drives is desired.
- Knowledge of SAP preferred
- Knowledge of work order interface desired
- Programming experience with Allen-Bradley SLC, Contrologix or similar systems
- Familiar with OSHA requirements and Food Safety GMP's is desired
- Bachelor degree from an accredited college/university in Electrical Engineering is required
- Some overtime is required
- Some holidays and weekends are required
American Sugar Refining Inc. - 23 months ago