Posting Job Title: Engineer 2, Network Video
Requisition #: 144051BR
Posting Location: Louisville, KY, US
Area of Interest: Engineering/Technical Operations
Position Type: Full Time
Posting Job Description
The Network Engineer II - Video will be responsible for designing, deploying, managing, and ensuring stability of the local/wide area or MPEG Video network infrastructure technologies to provide high availability, fault tolerance, and scalability to effectively and efficiently support mission critical business systems. Demonstrates a high level of competence in LAN/WAN or MPEG Video encoding and processing technologies, routing and switching platforms, troubleshooting critical issues, and coordination of implementation. Represents the Engineering Department working closely with regional Architects and Engineers in designing, modeling, and implementing new technologies within the division. Performs moves, adds, and changes of equipment and systems specifically following the designated change management policies.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Develop and Author Engineering Plans
2. Submit weekly status reporting on assigned tasks and projects
3. Design and implementation of the following systems:
- Satellite signal reception and earth stations
- Video signal conversion among typical formats (RF,
ASI, baseband, IP, etc.)
- Fixed and statistical multiplexors
- Video compression systems
- Encoders and decoders
- MPEG transport stream generation
- IP Video Streaming
- Signal splicing and combining
- QAM modulation
4. Integration of end-to-end video systems including the above subsystems.
5. Develop innovative solutions and maintain network monitoring and system performance tools, techniques, policies and procedures. Configure service and support all processing, routing and switching equipment necessary for the delivery of Metro Ethernet services, regional Ethernet, inter-regional Ethernet, or Digital Video services. This includes all equipment, both active and passive, in both the core and metro network.
6. Troubleshoot and resolve critical network and system issues.
7. Project management ñ document project requirements including scope, costs, schedule, testing and terms of delivery to ensure project is completed with highest level of quality, on time, and within budget.
8. Mentor and train other Engineering personnel in key elements of networking systems and provides technical presentations to instruct co-workers and other production services support individuals.
9. Research and identify technology opportunities and their application to the business.
10. Test and validate all new hardware, software and connections for proper configuration and performance.
11. As part of an on-call/standby rotation, respond to after-hours call-out for service restoration, troubleshooting, network testing and repair of all necessary equipment.
12. Track all equipment RMAs and ensure that proper levels of spare inventory are maintained.
13. Other duties as assigned
1. A minimum of 3 years of data network design, video processing and encoding, planning and support experience.
2. Required: 3 years experience with Cisco routers and switches.
3. Required: Extensive knowledge and hands-on experience of LAN, WAN, video processing, video encoding, video troubleshooting tools, and telecommunication equipment, understanding of all OSI layers from application to physical, knowledge of RIP, OSPF and BGP, and experience with bandwidth utilization monitoring.
4. Required: 3 years of hands-on experience supporting/maintaining Cisco and other major firewall technology platforms.
5. Required: 3 years of hands-on experience supporting/maintaining VPN, proxies, system hardening, security policies with extensive knowledge of security practices/technologies.
6. Required: 3+ years of hands-on experience supporting maintaining digital video systems.
7. Required: Solid understanding and functional abilities administering Linux OS.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Preferred: 4 year degree in Computer Science or Information Systems/Technology or equivalent job experience.
FCC Unit_TWC: 11153
Controlling Establishment ID: 00859 - Louisville 4701 Commerce
Time Warner Cable - 12 months ago
Churchill Downs Incorporated
Churchill Downs Incorporated
- 30+ days ago
LG&E and KU Services Company
LG&E and KU Energy
- 8 days ago
Austin Allen Company
- 7 days ago
Time Warner Cable (TWC) makes coaxial quiver. The company is the #2 US cable company, after Comcast, with operations in 28 states. Its core...