STAFFLOGIX Requirement # 18861
Job Title -
Resume Due Date -
Start Date -
End Date -
Required Skills -
Project Information -
- Evaluates new and existing technologies for application to packaging products and the packaging industry; specific to the medical device industry. This includes applied research and the development of tooling, equipment, materials, and processes.
- Takes projects from concept to production. Develops CAD designs, specifications, and has the ability to construct prototypes.
- Originates, investigates, and implements improvements to product manufacturing and product-related equipment for the purpose of increased production, reduced product cost, and improved quality.
- Investigates, develops, and implements cost improvements in material usage, operating practices, and equipment utilization.
- Works with our manufacturing and supply chain team to recommend equipment and programs to ensure that our present and future products will be competitive.
- Examines the cost of materials and processes with the goal of increasing quality and reducing overall manufacturing costs through innovative development programs.
- Plans and performs development projects for new products and materials. Assists in developing objectives, project criteria and budgets for implementation of packaging. Initiates and evaluates actions to meet agreed objectives and criteria.
- Works with UXD colleagues to create validation and verification plans and testing activities, investigations, and corrective actions. Recommends packaging acceptance criteria to manufacturing and reviews the QA system with manufacturing.
- Participates in project implementation, installation, check-out, tune-up, and start-up of new equipment at manufacturing plants on an as needed basis.
- Works with manufacturing to ensure proper acceptance inspections of new equipment; investigating and preparing cost estimates.
- BSME or BSMET degree
- Minimum of 7 years job related experience. Tool Design experience preferred.
- Deep knowledge of all print processes and materials for the consumer retail market is a major plus.
- 3D Modeling and Cad experience a plus.
- Must maintain professional competence, ethical integrity, knowledge, and skills.
- Must be able to handle sensitive and proprietary information in a confidential manner.
- Works to established procedures in a self-directed fashion as part of a highly collaborative UXD team.
- Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication skills. Assists with the preparation of presentations.
- Experience interfacing with procurement and manufacturing to implement package designs into final production.
STAFFLOGIX Corporation - 20 months ago