Honua Kai Resort & Spa, Hawaii
Class III Engineer
Class III engineer is responsible for taking care of discrepancies both inside the aprtments and all of the common areas. He/She is also expected to assist and learn from the Class I & II Engineers in the different aspects of building maintenace. Complete projects as directed by the Chief and /or Assistant Chief Engineer.
Honua Kai is the first whole ownership condominium and townhome beachfront resort to come to Ka’anapali Beach, Maui in over 25 years. This spectacular family resort will operate at the level of a luxurious hotel, offering a variety of amenities including three distinct pool experiences.
Honua Kai offers a variety of whole-ownership real estate opportunities. Two beachfront condominium towers feature studio, one-, two- and three-bedroom suites showcasing magnificent ocean and mountain views. Tucked amid lush tropical gardens, the Na Hale Luana townhomes offer a relaxing, luxurious alternative for families seeking a tropical home-away-from-home.
PRIMARY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Assist team members in all departmental operations.
Property maintenance to include, but not limited to the interior and exterior of the building structures as directed.
Complete assigned task in a timely manner.
Expected to accurately communicate/record all assignments including related parts needed to accomplish assigned task.
Must be able to operate all resort maintenance systems and associated equipment.
Need to be familiar w/ preferred vendors and able to identify replacement parts/materials/tools for ordering.
Other duties as assigned.
SCOPE OF BUDGET RESPONSIBILITY:
It is essential that the employee support and integrate the values of Intrawest and interact effectively with guests and staff. The employee is expected to demonstrate a commitment to Intrawest values and professionalism through appropriate conduct all the time. The Intrawest values are: Guest Loyalty, Employee Experience, Striving to be the Best, Team Play, Playing Safely and Financial Strength.
- Budget responsibility is not in scope for this position.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- One to two years in a resort environment preferred
- Familiar with A.C. refrigeration systems
- Knowledgeable in high and low voltage electrical systems pertaining to commercial buildings including emergency generated power and related equipment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Computer literate. (Microsoft outlook, excel, word, etc.) Able to learn new electronic work order system, building A.C. electronic monitoring system and electronic electrical service billing system.
- Able to learn all aspects of building maintenance in a resort environment.
- Communicate in English and compute mathematical calculations.
- Perform duties w/ accuracy, flexibility and adapt to propriety changes as needed.
- Operate all maintenance related tools/equipment in assigned areas.
- Familiar with AC refrigeration systems
- Familiar in high and low voltage electrical systems pertaining to commercial buildings including emergency generated power and related equipment.
- Able to perform other duties as assigned by the Chief and/or Assistant Chief Engineer.
- Must be able to take action and make executive decisions in the absence of the Chief, Assistant Chief Engineer and / or Class I Engineer
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATION & TRAINING REQUIREMENTS:
- Safety Training
- Intrawest Standards of Business Conduct
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position does not require travel as a component of the job.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Intrawest - 16 months ago