Develop and implement opto-mechanical metrology technologies, methods and solutions in support of developing innovative optical ophthalmic devices (e.g. contact lenses). Perform product testing, conduct data analysis and prepare reports. Provide optical metrology expertise to manufacturing process development and regulatory standards compliance projects.
Specific Job Duties:
Bausch + Lomb is one of the best-known and most respected healthcare brands in the world, offering the widest and finest range of eye health products including contact lenses and lens care products, pharmaceuticals, intraocular lenses and other eye surgery products. The company is solely dedicated to protecting and enhancing the gift of sight for millions of people around the world – from the moment of birth through every phase of life. Our mission is simple yet powerful: Helping you see better to live better.
- Interface w/ internal customers to define and understand product specifications and measurement requirements.
- Develop and qualify robust measurement capabilities and methods for contact lens development and manufacture.
- Investigate, evaluate and implement external metrology technologies that meet measurements requirements for contact lens products and components.
- Prepare product testing procedures and protocols
- Perform opto-mechanical product testing, conduct data analysis and generate test reports
- Participate on product development teams and support metrology development requirements throughout the development process
- Maintain understanding of regulatory requirements for product testing and ensure compliance of current and newly developed metrology solutions.
Bausch + Lomb is an equal opportunity employer.
BS in Optical or Mechanical Engineering or related curriculum (MS preferred) w/ 1-3 years relevant industrial experience.
Required skills: Familiarity w/ Optical Metrology technologies including transmitted wavefront/MTF/power measurement, interferometry, optical bench testing. Proficient w/ Zemax or other optical modeling software. Experience w/ statistical analysis and associated tools (e.g. Statistica, Minitab). Strong skills using MS Office products (Excel, Word, PPT). Strong verbal and written communication. Strong problem solving skills.
Desired skills: Experience w/ CAD modeling and design software (Solidworks preferred). Programming capabilities (e.g. Matlab, VB, C++) Familiar w/ medical device design requirements. Familiar w/ regulated development environment (FDA or ISO).
United States-New York-Rochester Global Eye Health Center Site
Bausch + Lomb - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard